Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Str to be better now for the leveling game, sta if you want to be your best after the expansions.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

As per the wiki - at level 60 an SK would get 1 STA = 5.2 hp. As for STR - copy pasta'd from the wiki

Role of STR

As for str, you will notice more effects at later level. It does increase my max damage when I go from 180 (unbuffed) to about 250 (shaman buff). In the end, my main hand 10/21 has a max damage of about 45, so from the formula:

(2*10)+8 = 28
I have an extra 17 damage, I would think that it is all coming from str bonus at my level? Not sure.

The other effect of str is that it raises your ATK (about 1 ATK for 1 str) and the more ATK you have, the more likely you will get high hits.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 10-14-2019, 11:01 PM
Banned

Talking

TYVM
Old 10-14-2019, 11:18 PM
Skeleton

20INT to increase IQ.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:08 AM
Sarnak

This really depends on your plan to min/max which is dependent on your plan to do end game content to max out stats from gear. If you don't plan on having full raid gear in Velious, go for STR.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mE waS guN +20 STA diS tiEM
den,
mE heArS DPS MoRe NoTiCE +20 STR

WuT ME DO!?

PRaS CT
Troll sk was my first toon! I think I went all str as i knew it gave the most immediate impact on a fresh account.

http://wiki.project1999.com/index.ph...lo_Blue:Nareik

He has reasonable gear but is far from cap on str or sta.

If he had constant access to 60 shamans willing to double buff str I probably would prefer the stamina, but as it stands i like the extra carry capacity and damage bonus more than an extra 80 hp.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:21 AM
Kobold

The most important thing is to hit the 76 Charisma breakpoint for vendoring, obviously.
Old 10-15-2019, 03:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snort|eS [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
me real juS wanT kNo what STA # = HP #
mANY thANK!
Quote:
me AlSo heaR STA diFF baReLy noticE vs STR noTicE! (aka u NotiCE STR!)

wuT is Real TRUE!?

haLP!
My mother seriously texts like this. All fing day.
Old 10-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivix [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
20INT to increase IQ.
Seriously, this. At 10x XP my weapon and offense/defense skills are shit... I think I get 2 skillups in each skill per level gained.

That said, once you get to level 50 (then 60) and are working more on gear than XP, the STA is usually harder to make up. As a SK, STA is gold and STR is dime a dozen; the SK sky items are all loaded with STR/DEX and devoid of STA. As an approximately max-geared Kunark ogre SK, I could only max STA by making other sacrifices. If you’re talking about being decked out in ST/NToV gear, then it just doesn’t matter any more.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 10-15-2019, 02:42 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Back in 1999-2000 I spent a good deal of time reading the "Paladins of Norrath" boards and after much debate on the topic of strength there started to be some parsing done (some rudimentary tools back then I think) to provide empirical evidence. I wish those threads still existed but I can't find them anymore.

Several different individuals all performed tests with appropriate controls for variables and found that (at least for Paladins) strength had a minuscule effect on damage. It was so small as to become a trivial stat other than to have enough to lug around whatever weight you needed.

Similar parses showed AC to have a significant effect on damage taken. It was (at least back then on live) common knowledge among those who actually tested real data, that Str should never be taken before AC, HP, Stam, or even Agi for tanks.

Things could have changed post Kunark era, or changed here on P99 - but the folks who studied the data back then showed unequivocally that Str (especially for the paladin class) was basically meaningless because it didn't add statistically significant damage. Does anyone know of any empirical data (not anecdotal) to show this is different on P99?
Closed Thread