Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 12:52 AM
Large Rat

i could not, but i have it setup on my office work Station [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also my wife is going on 2 month trip with her friend. told her work will be very busy
Old 09-18-2019, 03:22 AM
Planar Protector

I remember takin 3-4 days off for one of WoW's expansions (BC or WotLK, I forget) and Blizzard got DDoS'd for like 2 days of it. I was salty as hell for wasting my vacation time. Never again will I take vacation time for an online video game. Hope all goes smoothly for you folks though!
Old 09-18-2019, 05:47 AM
Fire Giant

Luckily for me the school holidays seem to coincide with green release. I mean shit if im at home already it would be rude not to give it a go right?
Old 09-18-2019, 06:53 AM
Sarnak

I took the day off when one of the Live EQ expansions went live - Luclin or PoP I think, only for the servers to be down all day. I'm not planning on taking any time off, work Green goes live Friday evening for me anyway, will be encouraging the other half to go out with her friends that weekend though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrombosis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took the day off when one of the Live EQ expansions went live - Luclin or PoP I think, only for the servers to be down all day. I'm not planning on taking any time off, work Green goes live Friday evening for me anyway, will be encouraging the other half to go out with her friends that weekend though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember taking the day off for Velious. I got the CD, went home and installed it.

Zoned to Velious, didnt work. Punted me back to Oasis. Like an idiot i took it back and said the copy didnt work.

Turns out i just didnt put the CD KEY into my account to say i owned it. DOH. Half a day wasted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2019, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

I’m a bit sad they didn’t decide to not post a release date and instead just launch it unannounced so that these nerds couldn’t schedule weeks of straight socking time.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry our enjoyment of life makes you feel a bit sad.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Lots of depraved pixel addicts on here dont work and just play sometimes even RMTing to pay rent and feed the habit

Dark side of evercrack
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-18-2019, 09:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(People Per Zone is the only real statistic we need to be worried about)
Does it matter the size of the zone? Like, is 400 people in WK somehow easier to deal with than 400 in WFP? I'm assuming geographical zone size doesn't matter but just curious
Old 09-18-2019, 10:19 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lojik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it matter the size of the zone? Like, is 400 people in WK somehow easier to deal with than 400 in WFP? I'm assuming geographical zone size doesn't matter but just curious
No. What does help is people being more spread out though.

Like the 400 in TOV Example, I believe that was 3 or 4 actual raid forces. If it had been one giant raid force there probably would have been a lot more issues.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread