Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2019, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Default Original eq2 was a great game

Since we like to have disagreements here on p99, I thought I'd add a little more debate

Eq2 up to a certain point was a very fun and great game. I often played both eq1 and eq2 and was often torn which to play. I will always be partial to eqs art and lore style. I grew up playing both games. I played warcraft very, very loosely. I have no problems with wow, I'm just an EQ dude.

How does this community feel about eq2? Something tells it's not good

Inc comments like something something not classic and cat dicks on the moon
Old 10-01-2019, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Can't say, never played it. Played Warcraft instead, and Vanguard later on. I've always heard mixed opinions with respect to EQ2. I almost totally ignored EQ2's existence. Not even its fault....by 2004 I was pretty fed up with Sony more generally. I never even gave it a chance. I suspect I was not alone in that mindset.

Danth
Old 10-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

I played it for exactly two weeks......Do you know what happened exactly two weeks after EQ launched?

World of Warcraft launched.

EQ2 was really bad, in my opinion. I thought they would build on the old game, but instead, they made a totally new, action style RPG and I hated it. I even built an entirely new computer for the game cause I was so hype for it.

And in the end, I wound up playing WoW for four years. And I didn't need the crazy high end computer that I spent a really ridiculous amount of money on.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:28 PM
Skeleton

I was enjoying EQ2 crafting and pvp for a bit until they listened to all the whiners and made a bunch of changes. Then loads of people left and it became a ghost town on my server so I quit too and moved to wow. The cycle repeated in any mmo I tried so I took a long break from them.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

By EQ2 i guess OP means WoW, the spiritual successor to EQ?

(Just like how Path of Exile is the real Diablo III).
Old 10-01-2019, 04:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't say, never played it. Played Warcraft instead, and Vanguard later on. I've always heard mixed opinions with respect to EQ2. I almost totally ignored EQ2's existence. Not even its fault....by 2004 I was pretty fed up with Sony more generally. I suspect I was not alone in that mindset.

Danth
A shame. Original eq2 was really amazing. Awesome lore, graphics, art and combat. Questing for classic items like ghoulbane, fbss, bonebladed claymore. Up to a certain point eq2 was something special. I even liked it more than velious era, which says a lot
Old 10-01-2019, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Really fun, I still log in from time to time just to roam the nostalgic areas. Did most of the fabled item quests. Guild hall still looks great.
Old 10-01-2019, 04:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played it for exactly two weeks......Do you know what happened exactly two weeks after EQ launched?

World of Warcraft launched.

EQ2 was really bad, in my opinion. I thought they would build on the old game, but instead, they made a totally new, action style RPG and I hated it. I even built an entirely new computer for the game cause I was so hype for it.

And in the end, I wound up playing WoW for four years. And I didn't need the crazy high end computer that I spent a really ridiculous amount of money on.
Action style rpg? I mean I guess. Going from eq1 to eq2 I can see why you say that, but wasnt wows combat considerably faster than eqs?
Old 10-01-2019, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By EQ2 i guess OP means WoW, the spiritual successor to EQ?

(Just like how Path of Exile is the real Diablo III).
Theres nothing wrong with warcraft. I like warcraft. But no I dont mean wow. I mean eq2 and the communities thoughts
Old 10-01-2019, 04:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really fun, I still log in from time to time just to roam the nostalgic areas. Did most of the fabled item quests. Guild hall still looks great.
I think my favorite time in eq2 was kingdom of sky. I loved fighting all the dragons and lore
Closed Thread