Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2019, 01:59 PM
Aviak

Default Gear and quest recommendations for DE Cleric

Rolling one on Green. Should I bother with blacksmithing?

The Red Wine quests in neriak 3rd gate can get you *some* XP from level 1 to 3, but it costs like 10pp. I don't know that anyone is going to be handing out 10pp to anyone during first week of this game. XP quest suggestions?
Old 10-03-2019, 08:40 PM
Fire Giant

I would suggest for any Dark Elf player on green to do the Janam & Rebby note passing quests in Freeport for a total of 18 trips, or simply go from level 1 to 4 off of them and consider it done.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Note_for_Janam
http://wiki.project1999.com/Note_for_Rebby

Doing this for at least 18 trips as an Innoruuk worshiping elf will allow you to buy and sell from the merchants, and the Freeport bankers are on the same merchant faction so this isn't so hot for a cleric but all sorts of great for a class that can eventually cast Invis to get past the guards in that zone.

At level 19, assuming you have your new tier of spells, trash your Grobb faction which is pretty worthless and get a free Forager Bag. The Troll in Innothule that sells Shaman spells will still buy and sell with you if that Grobb faction is dusted, so that takes care of concerns of selling while adventuring in Guk.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Forager_Bag

As far as gear goes, Small Banded is your best bet on a fresh server and there's really no need to learn blacksmithing as there will be a ton of smiths shortly after launch. However, consider making a level 5 Halfling Druid alt so you can pick up a free magic 1h blunt in the form of the Shining Star of Light.

http://wiki.project1999.com/Shining_Star_of_Light

Halflings level damned fast and Misty Thicket is an experience express lane for hitting 5. That character can complete the quest without any faction work at all. The mace can of course then be ground transferred.
Old 10-03-2019, 10:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would suggest for any Dark Elf player on green to do the Janam & Rebby note passing quests in Freeport for...
You, sir/ma'am, are a scholar and a gentle(wo)man.
Old 10-04-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1asdfasdf1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You, sir/ma'am, are a scholar and a gentle(wo)man.
And I am the Angel of Death, reaping sorrow upon your dreams of XP questing. I've looked them all up. You can collect fire beetle eyes or moss snakes, and there is another one I forget right now, the exp and coin rewards are so small you will actually waste time going back to the third gate to do the turn in when you can just vendor your trash loot quicker.

If you want though, these are the guys (at least for the free bags):

Noxhil V'Sek upstairs Necro Guild will give 10 slot chest (TINY)
/say what collecting beetle eyes

Hekzin G'Zule Rogues Guild will give 6 slot bag (SMALL)
/say what joining this house of rogues

Yegek B'Larin in Warrior Guild will give 6 slot bag (SMALL)
/say Seloxia Punox sent me
Old 10-04-2019, 06:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I am the Angel of Death, reaping sorrow upon your dreams of XP questing. I've looked them all up. You can collect fire beetle eyes or moss snakes, and there is another one I forget right now, the exp and coin rewards are so small you will actually waste time going back to the third gate to do the turn in when you can just vendor your trash loot quicker.

If you want though, these are the guys (at least for the free bags):

Noxhil V'Sek upstairs Necro Guild will give 10 slot chest (TINY)
/say what collecting beetle eyes

Hekzin G'Zule Rogues Guild will give 6 slot bag (SMALL)
/say what joining this house of rogues

Yegek B'Larin in Warrior Guild will give 6 slot bag (SMALL)
/say Seloxia Punox sent me

w00t!
Old 10-05-2019, 02:36 AM
Large Bat

Question Vision

Will the human clerics be blind in the dark like original EQ? Was thinking DE cleric also, but human was a possibility.
Closed Thread