Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's mostly accurate, but not the last part. There are two potential categories: items with the same look, and items with the same look, but a different tint. The wiki shows the two separately (the header for the ones with the wrong tint says something like "Wrong Tint" in the header).

The only reason the second set is even shown is that we don't have anywhere close to 100% coverage of every fashion look with every gender and every race. So I figured, "if your gender/race isn't shown exactly for a given item, maybe you'd like to at least see how it looks in a different color?"

... or at least that's how it should work, and how it worked on the pages I tested. If you see it showing the wrong images anywhere please let me know so I can fix it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One problem is it will display appearance on races (granted: illusions) that can't even equip the item. This can be misleading when there is a picture of a wood elf in chain so you think 'it will look like chain on my iksar' but actually it looks like lizardplate because the item is 'kunark chain'.
Old 10-15-2019, 04:51 PM
Fire Giant

My elf slew the mystical beast first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2019, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endonde [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get exactly what you're trying to do, I just think it's really bad looking, and only serves to confuse people.

Unless you are going to show a screenshot of the specific item for every page I don't think it's worth doing. Should at least remove the screenshots from the wiki pages, it's pretty dumb when im searching an item page and scroll over the links and get assualted by a gigantic screenshot that has almost nothing to do with the item im searching for.
Well if everyone feels that way we can remove them. But again, I think a lot of people would rather see what something looks like with the wrong color, than not have any idea at all what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One problem is it will display appearance on races (granted: illusions) that can't even equip the item. This can be misleading when there is a picture of a wood elf in chain so you think 'it will look like chain on my iksar' but actually it looks like lizardplate because the item is 'kunark chain'.
This is not an issue I was even aware of. I'm not sure what we can really do about it, except ask that people not use illusions in fashion screenshots. Or if they do, be explicit and say so in the race section (eg. "Race: Wood Elf (Human with Illusion)") ... but really who is that image even going to be useful for? I'm leaning towards thinking we should just avoid them entirely.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Kobold

Default Toxic Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

+1 for Toxxie!
Old 10-15-2019, 09:52 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well if everyone feels that way we can remove them.
The biggest problem I have with them is the annoying instant mouse over pop up that happens even in the white space, and the fact that it won't go away until i move my mouse off the pop up.

Example:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Ceremon...sar_Chestplate

Fashion should be put at the very bottom, and if possible delay the mouse over popup. If not possible to delay it, disable pop up.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by area [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The biggest problem I have with them is the annoying instant mouse over pop up that happens even in the white space, and the fact that it won't go away until i move my mouse off the pop up.

Example:

Fashion should be put at the very bottom, and if possible delay the mouse over popup. If not possible to delay it, disable pop up.
Christ that's annoying
Old 10-15-2019, 10:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by area [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Example:

wow that is so bad...
Old 10-15-2019, 11:45 PM
Kobold

I love the idea of keeping them, but yeah, make them clicky, not popup, and maybe get rid of the "wrong tint" stuff as we get more pictures of the real item.

[Famalin Wisdomseed - High Elf Wizard - Quellious - 99 to 01]
Old 10-15-2019, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Well if everyone feels that way we can remove them. But again, I think a lot of people would rather see what something looks like with the wrong color, than not have any idea at all what it looks like.

This is not an issue I was even aware of. I'm not sure what we can really do about it, except ask that people not use illusions in fashion screenshots. Or if they do, be explicit and say so in the race section (eg. "Race: Wood Elf (Human with Illusion)") ... but really who is that image even going to be useful for? I'm leaning towards thinking we should just avoid them entirely.
These pics look awful and definitely disrupt the look/feel/flow of the wiki. I would rather see no item than a supposedly similar looking item with a different tint. I removed a pic that was posted on shackle of steel because it was a pic of a random woodelf from a straight on view that was dual wielding whips and you couldn't even see the bracers the character was using, which I'm sure looked nothing like the actual graphic for a shackle of steel.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:17 AM
Banned

thank you Endonde et al. i don't like that implementation but appreciate the effort and intent.
Closed Thread