Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2019, 08:46 PM
Banned

No raid gear, go cleric/enchanter. Complete heal doesnt do more damage with raid gear. With C2 you will never go oom playing a cleric when you have to Ch a charmed pet every 2 mobs. With 5k in cha gear you can charm as well as a raid gear character.

Once 60 you can camp names/sell ports for plat to buy skyshrine armor for the enc/clr and a epic mq for cleric epic. That will keep you busy for the next year, enjoy.
Old 10-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tenlaar - That sounds like a great duo and less hectic than solo barding. What would you recommend for bard/sham race for that combo? Not knowing the bard, I'm not sure if they have some end-game restrictions based on their race/deity (I know my halfling druid won't ever get the smexy tunare loot).
Myself, for the bard I'd go agnostic half elf and put all starting points into stamina. No awesome Tunare loot or anything to worry about I'm afraid. With a shaman partner to buff you and Velious gear your physical stats and even charisma will be plenty good and as you level the extra stamina will work up to being an extra +100 hp. Who doesn't want that? I didn't put the points into stamina on my 58 bard and it still bugs me a little after almost seven years.

For the shaman it doesn't really matter so much, if she doesn't want to be an ugly fatty then barbarian or iksar would be fine. Iksar would honestly be easier to deal with than barbarian would with you having a druid that can port her to EJ right there by the FoB zone line whenever she needs to hit the guild or whatever, that's a hell of a lot shorter trip than taking her through the Karanas to Halas. The ogre frontal stun immunity will rarely come into play since she won't be soloing and you'll be able to pull with the bard and hold agro or mez the mob while she debuffs or roots or does whatever to set the mob up for how you're killing at the moment. The ogre frontal stun only really only comes into play when doing risky solo stuff or when shit is hitting the fan, so not the vast majority of play time. Troll and iksar have the same regen, so all troll offers is better physical stats for less wisdom.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:25 AM
Sarnak

Go gnome Mage/gnome mage. You’ll thank me later ��
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
KJS86z - Why Ikky Sham and Monk? Just curious what the benefits are outside of regen. I always thought something like Ogre for stun immunity.
You're super casual. Starting in the same zone / same race = win.

Also cleric + enchanter is another one to look at.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Could always do ranger/shaman. Outdoors you will have pulls, dps and a tank which can keep aggro. If you plan on getting both ranger epics and sky cloak, you could do cleric/ranger but it wont be as efficient as shaman while leveling. Earlier posts are correct, enchanter/cleric will probably be the top combo.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:43 AM
Decaying Skeleton

some of the best Duo:

Shaman/Sk
this is probably the bread and butter of all duo. most do this due to the high versatility of both the shaman as a healer and sk as a tank, while neither do the best at there respective roles as say a cleric and a warrior, they far outshine them via shaman canni for mana, plus have better buffs and can slow mobs. SK's have spells too that help with DPS and hold aggro better then warriors.

Druid/Pally
this duo works really well as the point is to damage soak and DS like a mack truck with both being able to heal.

Cleric/Warrior
standard healer tank nothing notable other then they are the best of the best for healing and tanking

Enchanter/Ranger
this due works rather well as they have very nice crowd control

Bard/Bard
this is a kite team

Mage/Mage
this is ok, but for the best effect regularly group with more mages a full group of mages can murderize entire zones

as for Rogue and monk they solo well at early stages however late game they are dependent on having a tank and a healer present. not so much the monk as the rogue however your not gonna OOM often healing a monk tank over a Pally/SK/Warrior.

as for wizard and necromancer these classes purely solo far to well to duo.
Old 10-10-2019, 07:37 PM
Sarnak

2 halfling warriors, named Shake and Bake.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Aviak

Thanks Everyone! I think we'll try both the cleric/chanter and the sham/bard. I truly appreciate everyone taking time out of their day to reply. Those both sound like very nice combos with the cleric-chanter being the simpler option I intend to try first.

Marto - 60 Halfling Druid
Fratus - 40 Dwarven Paladin

--Red Server--

Smarrto - 60 Iksar Necro
Mardo - 60 Dwarven Cleric

Old 10-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Enchanter/cleric is definitely THE powerhouse duo, it just happens to involve two things that a lot of players don't really enjoy - playing a cleric and managing a charmed pet. If you two can have fun in those roles then I would absolutely say to put that as your #1 duo, once you get the cleric to complete heal it's basically game over. You'll be able to duo damn near everything that isn't raid content.
Closed Thread