Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 PM
Sarnak

Default Lighting in Neriak 3rd Gate

Just near zone-in at the rear of the Cleric guild. Inky black and dark, cannot even see the ground.

Stand at 316, -800, -53 and face the illusion. With no light sources the screen is black.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:07 PM
Sarnak

Not just the ent. Lots of places in the third gate, I am assuming due to surrounding lights, appear pitch black.

Walls, floors, and ceilings, as well as other world textures are completely black without a lightsource while character models appear bright.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 02:50 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah I noticed last night third gate is way dark. Not pitch black but very dark.
Old 10-16-2019, 03:56 AM
Large Bat

It seems really strange that fixing the forced gamma change from the titanium client isn't the best starting point... I can't stand that Project 1999 changes the gamma of not only the game but my entire desktop. I am forced to use WinEQ's "Lock Gamma" setting to stop the game from changing the gamma of my entire PC. I feel like this should have been the starting point - and then devs adjust game darkness settings from there. As of now after locking my gamma it is completely black in certain parts of the game even as a dark elf with ultravision. So now I have to choose between washed out gamma or being completely blind even as a dark elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a positive note - I'm digging the new UI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 04:03 AM
Sarnak

I had the same when i entered the SK guild hall. pitch black.

The way through 3rd gate was OK, just when entering the guild hall.

Asmodina - Level 39 Wizard << blue >>
Corvinia - Level 51 Druid << green >>
Old 10-16-2019, 07:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems really strange that fixing the forced gamma change from the titanium client isn't the best starting point... I can't stand that Project 1999 changes the gamma of not only the game but my entire desktop. I am forced to use WinEQ's "Lock Gamma" setting to stop the game from changing the gamma of my entire PC. I feel like this should have been the starting point - and then devs adjust game darkness settings from there. As of now after locking my gamma it is completely black in certain parts of the game even as a dark elf with ultravision. So now I have to choose between washed out gamma or being completely blind even as a dark elf. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On a positive note - I'm digging the new UI [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh so this is making my screenshots all shit dark. Because they don't respect the forced gamma. I don't want to use WinEQ, I wonder if I can solve this another way.
Old 10-17-2019, 01:57 PM
Orc

Not just third gate. Hallways at the warrior guild in Neriak Commons was completely dark. Human pitch black dark.
Old 10-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Orc

I've also noticed vision issues in Najena. Dark and foggy, like the clip plane is set to 2 feet.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:48 PM
Developer

Fixed by Blank's latest shader update. Found: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=103

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]