Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

How badly was the bandit sash quest nerfed? I have been hunting them and saving them up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-30-2019, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How badly was the bandit sash quest nerfed? I have been hunting them and saving them up [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exp isnt great, the cash is though.
Old 10-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought u quit and went back to classic wow?

true.
I did. Til they buff the Mage pets at least.

Funny how you're so happy that Mages got nerfed because "its Classic" meanwhile you don't seem to care half as much about this extremely UNCLASSIC change!
Old 10-30-2019, 02:59 PM
Kobold

Ogre War/SK guild quests, though they do not give a great deal of XP, still offer a pretty good return in coin if you consistently do the turn ins. I think they're one of the few useful ones left in the current state because the turn in is close enough, and Ogres have a lot of carry weight for bags.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 10-30-2019, 03:02 PM
Decaying Skeleton

The issue I see is that decreasing quest exp only makes sense if increasing the spawn rate actually led to individuals accumulating more of a quest item than would be 'balanced'.

The thing is, I don't feel like I'm accumulating twice as many bone chips, in fact, I'd say I'm only getting maybe 1/3rd to 1/4th the amount I normally would do to the number of players.

Increasing Spawn Rates allowed an to increase the number of players the zones can handle, but all these quest items are being split between all these players, so while the total number of Bone Chips has increased, the amount each player receives is unchanged at best.

So I really think they should just undo the quest exp changes and continue modulate the Spawn Rates until the zones reach a more sustainable number.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:09 PM
Kobold

All of these "did nerf, didn't nerf, should nerf, shouldn't have nerfed.." complaints. The dev team had a hell of a conundrum their hands at launch.

Increased spawn meant increased turn in potential, BUT..
Increased population meant that turns would be spread out, so turn ins per player might remain classic, BUT...
A fear that a few knowledgeable players would exploit certain turn-ins would create a spearhead of players rocketing away from the rest, creating the problem that Green was trying to solve over Blue, BUT...
The knowledgeable players simply hoarded their turn-ins waiting for the restoration.

No matter what they did, someone would have complained. Without some sort of server side, dynamic calculation leveling the XP per player per turn-in per spawn rate, they did what they could.

Day one was so packed in Qeynos, I started doing the Bard Reports just because I was doing something rather than just competing for scraps in the newbie yard. It took forever to get to level 2 doing that. But, guess what? The coin reward hadn't changed. So, I got a lot more money from doing that quest a hundred times than I would have normally. It was just pennies, but it added up.

There simply was no perfect solution to the problem.
Old 10-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Fire Giant

And now the situation is spawn rates are reset to default, quest xp is still nerfed AND the noobie yards still have 100+ players in them.

If you're behind the leveling curve youre FUCKED and levels 1-8 will take literally 3-4 times as long as they did over launch weekend!
Old 10-30-2019, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

And ALL of this could've been avoided had they launched with 2 servers! But no the people who were ahead of the curve all voted no on the second-server vote!
Old 10-30-2019, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And now the situation is spawn rates are reset to default, quest xp is still nerfed AND the noobie yards still have 100+ players in them.

If you're behind the leveling curve youre FUCKED and levels 1-8 will take literally 3-4 times as long as they did over launch weekend!
fear mongering and a load of bullshit
Old 10-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Kobold

If you wanted a true classic experience, they could have limited the server to, say, 100 new accounts per day, first come first served. No increased spawn rates, no nerfed turn ins. That way, each fresh batch of noobs can do the classic turn ins as normal.

Oh, you don't want to roll the dice on whether you get in on day X? Just wait a month until they remove the restriction once the population had reached a certain level.
Closed Thread