Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 01:24 AM
Banned

There shouldn't have even been a discussion about it. Riot had 12 full hours and just like a failed RW, they should not have been able to attempt it again.

If Riot had been in the same position and any Casual guild had been in their position, Riot would have demanded that they forfeit the zone. This is pure hypocrisy at its finest.

It just goes to show you that Riot leadership doesn't practice what they preach.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There shouldn't have even been a discussion about it. Riot had 12 full hours and just like a failed RW, they should not have been able to attempt it again.

If Riot had been in the same position and any Casual guild had been in their position, Riot would have demanded that they forfeit the zone. This is pure hypocrisy at its finest.

It just goes to show you that Riot leadership doesn't practice what they preach.
growth =/= rw

When you fail a ring war no one can do it again for another 3 days, tunare died after you all failed to win a 2nd race. Consider being better at racing.

Also taking 12 hours (though we weren't active in the zone for the entire 12 hours) to learn a strat vanq has been perfecting for months isn't a failure. We got much closer to actually killing tunare in our very first burn down attempt than you all did in your first attempt. I'm sure a few more 12 hours sessions and we'll have it down pat.
Old 04-19-2021, 01:44 AM
Banned

True story, when I was like 17... I was spending 18 hours a day, 7 days a week in Plane of Growth.. at this time, I don't think anyone had killed Tunare on any server (don't quote me on this)...

I was so proud of my Assassin's armor, didn't even know about the Thurgadin armor that was easier to get and essentially same stats... worked so hard. The worst thing that happened to me was somehow someone in our raid aggro'd Tunare, and she summoned me to her tree and killed her..

The PUG raid leader abandoned the raid, and made no attempt to get my corpse. The next day when we were talking (I still hadn't recovered my corpse, stayed awake for like 20+ hours)... he was like oh, it's no big deal, we can get you more armor dude... and it was like holy shit? I had my Epic, and a lot of other stuff besides just Assassin's armor... I can't remember how I got my corpse, but I think some level 56 Druid who wasn't KOS ended up saving me on this... I remember that was one of the scariest CRs of my life..
had a real close encounter with losing my items to Faydedar (sp?) whatever that Sea Monster in Timorous Deep is... think it took me and my friend 18 hours to get our corpses...
Old 04-19-2021, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We spent 14+ hours in PoG, eventually had to call in Kittens for help, but let me go ahead and try spin this as being a success...
Old 04-19-2021, 01:45 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What was done was what the GMs said to do. Feel free to take it up with them if you feel so strongly. Riot gets told they need to seek GM clarification before they do "X" but when we do for "Y" and the answer is not to your liking, we're at fault again. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.

Those 12 hours were great to theory-craft and try new things. Riot is just a small guild doing big things after all. Just like we needed practice with the "new" Meta this round, maybe you guys should focus less on a record-breaking clear and use some of that time racing next time? Just trying to help.

Was great to have you Kittens, as always!
Old 04-19-2021, 01:48 AM
Banned

Is the idea of having 12 hours to kill after an FTE unreasonable?
Old 04-19-2021, 01:49 AM
Banned

And more importantly, wouldn't Riot leadership call for any other Guild to forfeit the zone if the roles were reversed?

We all know the answers to these questions, no matter how try to spin it.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:13 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
And more importantly, wouldn't Riot leadership call for any other Guild to forfeit the zone if the roles were reversed?

We all know the answers to these questions, no matter how try to spin it.
What Riot Leadership does, and did, is follow player, server, and GM rules. Once again, sorry if they are not to your liking. Please consult the appropriate authorities.

Show me on the doll where 14 hours of nearly uncontested raid content hurt you.

Go outside, drink a diet coke, have a blessed day.
Old 04-19-2021, 02:26 AM
Sarnak

that seems like a pretty horrible way to spend your sunday, while your opponents kill errrrrrything

Ooooooof 9000
Old 04-19-2021, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Salt levels above 9000
Closed Thread