Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 04:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the old tutorial was better, there is a new one now its kinda weird it doesn't even tell you about career agents you gotta be told about it in the rookie chat, eve-uni wiki + youtube videos seems to be a good approach
eh no, too complicated, most can't just jump in and head out to all this action like you say, that not EVE at all. There is a most serious learning curve, even to sit there in your newbie ship for 30 minutes just trying to figure out how to move and turn.

Yes the old tutorial was better, but as CCP tends to do they take something good and make it suck, sometimes just suck really bad in fact. After the new tutorial, new players sticking around dropped significantly. So they started to make these phony video commercials recently, just like they did before with the "bounty hunter profession" that didn't even exist and still doesn't to this day (a lot of community backlash over that) except in some phony video. CCP LOVES hype, even when it's not remotely true of the game.

In fact each tutorial tends to get worse. Years ago, like 6 or 7 years ago (yeah been playing long time) the tutorial would actually talk to you, Aura, sexy British chick voice, and the tutorial worked really well. Now it's just some points of interest thing, hardly even a tutorial. So they give newbies cheap crap to make them feel like they are special and have a future in the game, bribe. And really, you learn the most early on by doing the career agent missions, which they haven't touched for a long time so still actually works. But yeah, like you said, new players don't even know about them, not since they removed the notification for them from the newbie tutorials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
while yelling allah akbar at our enemies
Ohh... you're in karmafleet, aren't you? just started. Meh Goons. Figures...

No I don't recommend this game, not unless you already like space mmo's a whole lot. I started with EnB (at release), went to SWG (at release, had to wait for space), then after SWG:NGE was released (turned SWG into a literal ghost town which lead to it's shutdown) went to EVE as many did. I usually have a space mmo and some other mmo subscription (when there were subs anyways). You are better off playing this when you realize what I'm saying is true and you ragequit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

edit: or this which isn't on that list. Don't be turned off by older reviews of this one, they did a lot of good work to make it quite enjoyable. Though gameplay wise, I'd go with X3:TC, if you like it a little more challenging and complicated. But X3:TC is the leading game considered to be an EVE clone, and it's just 5 stars imo, for the pew pewer anyway. But Rebirth is different from the X series, and more of a casual cockpit shooter... though a bit more deeper than that.
Last edited by Daywolf; 01-28-2016 at 05:09 AM..
Old 01-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Banned

nah im in Pandemic Horde, were fighting karmafleet in querious atm

NC.'s newbie group is here, buncha others also Russians in Hed-GP are 6jumps away, random lowsec people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Querious/A2-V27#sov
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-28-2016 at 05:34 AM..
Old 01-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haz but pref CNR over navy scorp, at least for a mission boat. Hawk is the best though, but a bit screwed lately since power creep with t3 dessys. They really botched that bad imo. CCP has this balance problem, anything new is way OP making systems you trained months for... well trash. At least I didn't get into industry hehehe. If you like teh pew, and like EVE, get yourself X3:TC to start - when it goes on sale (or sooner), wont regret it.

Lately haz been getting my fix off of X series. You can even mod in EVE ships. They even fixed up rebirth with the many many updates it needed, not too bad. If you like teh pew, and EVE, get youtself X3:TC or X Rebirth, wont regret it.
Almost ALL MMO's have that problem. It's called mudflation. It's tied to the fact players are playing together and new content is always streaming in to feed the upper tiers. Also MMO's can't be chagned by players--a big one!

Single player games resolve a lot of it because you can mod it and you're playing alone. But they get old too. Just different. The way they get old is the codebase being too far behind. Usually graphics and interface.

Raiding: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...&postcount=109
P1999 Class Popularity Chart: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=48
P1999 PvP Statistics: http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=59

"Global chat is to conversation what pok books are to travel, but without sufficient population it doesn't matter."
Last edited by stormlord; 01-29-2016 at 05:12 PM..
Old 01-29-2016, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost ALL MMO's have that problem. It's called mudflation. It's tied to the fact players are playing together and new content is always streaming in to feed the upper tiers. Also MMO's can't be chagned by players--a big one!

Single player games resolve a lot of it because you can mod it and you're playing alone. But they get old too. Just different. The way they get old is the codebase being too far behind. Usually graphics and interface.
Yeah, almost all MMO's are progression themeparks. EVE isn't. EVE is a centric pvp mmo, a space simulator sandbox. Even for those that claim they only pve, as soon as they undock they are still participating in a pvp centric game where their actions are effected by pvp whether or not they seek to engage in pvp.

This requires some level of balance. If you spend a year profecting a specific ship, and then suddenly they release an OP ship (which only takes about a month to train for) that decimates your ship you trained for (for 6-12 months), there is something dramatically wrong there. They spend years rebalancing all the ships, making things like frigates relevant again, years revamping the game from the broken hull it had become, then suddenly throw that balance out of whack again, it's just not a WoW clone to do that. And they do it for the hype, that's all, so it's fun for a few to go around blapping things and promote to new players, until the next OP ship is released. That's fail.

Because that's exactly opposite of what they have been working on. Balance was the important thing in the game for years after so many complaints from players. A lot of dev time went into balance, huge amounts of time. Then they throw that out and start putting out OP ships and destroy that re-balancing work.

Really, so you'd have no problem spending like a year training a specific ship (that is balanced with others and not OP) just to have a brand new ship tossed into the game with little training required to make your training irrelevant? And that after the devs spent years trying to fix such problems in the first place (and really did a good job on it).

But as far as space mmo's go, it's the better choice of the lot. It has an old school mmo feel much like EQ here. No crap instancing like all the other space mmo's have. Unfortunately they are dumbing EVE down though, and reaching too hard for new players that they don't have while messing with the vet players. Peak time numbers are way down. More players there than here, but here is stable, there you know something is wrong as they shed lots of active players over time.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
they are dumbing EVE down though, and reaching too hard for new players that they don't have while messing with the vet players. Peak time numbers are way down. More players there than here, but here is stable, there you know something is wrong as they shed lots of active players over time.

Quote:
EVE is dying.(tm) I believe a neutral observer would say that EVE is becoming Space Ultima Online or Space Everquest. We have an entrenched game losing established players to competition that is simultaneously extremely intimidating for new players even outside of "the learning cliff." But both games survived for years with greatly diminished user bases and I suspect EVE could too.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

there is alot of factors in play from bans to ISBoxer input automation removing the need for 1 man to have a 20account personal bomber fleet or 30 mining characters running at once , RMT cartels, the jump fatigue patch that killed the need to have a MASSIVE cyno lighting alt network across the entire galaxy for groups such a PL, 30day account time item(plex) increasing in price something like 250% in the last 5years( i remember plex prices at like 300-400mil the first time i played eve its at 1.2billion each atm) people just moving the fuck on with their life..etc...etc...etc

the GAME itself hasn't been this fun in fucking years. Sub-capital class ship pvp is in a good place, the new ships maybe needing abit of a tweak (Svipul,Garmur..etc) its still way to early to tell but the changes to Sovereignty mechanics in nullsec seem to be for the best, with jump fatigue nerfing the old guard's power projection across the map making holding large amounts of space not worth it ( was it ever? minus a giant fucking renting empire). and a whole bunch of other shit my noob ass could never understand
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-30-2016 at 03:36 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 03:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
EVE is dying.(tm)
I didn't say EVE is dying, I said peaks are down, actually way down. Spend some time in the game, after a while you'll see what I mean and start to notice the reasons why. It's a new fresh experience, have fun, roll with it.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
the GAME itself hasn't been this fun in fucking years.
You have 3mil SP, dude... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your chart is misleading. it sucks, it's actually down from 60k.

sorry posting again, he edited that in.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:43 AM
Banned

i think the peak numbers, peak current users was always abit false between Jita bots,market bots,pve bots,thousands of people banned for RMT from botting

its probably for the first time ever actually showing the population in numbers that reflect actual people playing the game

Quote:
You have 3mil SP.
i had 28mil i gave my account away on irc last time i quit eve
Last edited by Tongpow; 01-30-2016 at 03:46 AM..
Old 01-30-2016, 03:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i think the peak numbers, peak current users was always abit false between Jita bots,market bots,pve bots,thousands of people banned for RMT from botting

its probably for the first time ever actually showing the population in numbers that reflect actual people playing the game
Like I said, you'll see, eventually. Actually for boxing numbers, CCP has already released that data, it's far from what you are making it out to be. It hasn't changed all that much for the run of the game. Vets are leaving, lots of them, entirely. Just hang out in forums and "can I haz your stuff", you'll make out like a bandit.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:53 AM
Banned

and you don't think the capital ship rebalance and the new citadels wont bring the bitter vets back? i mean, i would of quit too if they nerfed my blap/ratting titan the fucking things are like only used for jump bridges on the day to day now when shit like B-R isn't happening people used to fucking solo in them. praise to Speedweed and the swagnarok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nhvgl2K-C9g
Closed Thread