Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Default Common Man's ToV Raid Scene

I can't post in Raid discussion so posting here.

Its obvious in the past 6 months the GM's don't give a shit about the raid scene on P99 anymore. The current raid scene in ToV is absolutely stupid and the leaders of FA and Awakened need to just get along for once and come up with some ground rules that both parties could agree on. Cant be that hard. We all want to have fun and compete and i am sure there is a way to do that without killing your trackers each week.

My proposal:

--2 mages per wing. This makes you have to pick and prioritize your mobs

--1 mage per mob. Regardless of which wing, its the same shit as 2 mages per mob it just lowers the ammount of trackers needed. You might argue that its nice to have 2 mages so one can go piss. And I would argue just go fucking piss. If for some reason he spawns while you went pee, who cares, the same exact dragon is gonna be there next week.

--no gating mages to coth - obviously

I feel like doing this would allow for some targets to be raced for, some to be coth'd, and lower the amount of trackers needed compared to the Magewars2016 we have going now, and this is coming from someone who enjoys tracking for their guild.

Would love to hear some more ideas. The raid scene is what you want it to be, if you want it to be 20 man track teams it will be, if you want a better raid scene, you can make it happen.
Old 03-04-2016, 08:14 AM
Aviak

why do people keep trying to "fix" something that clearly doesn't want their input
Old 03-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

FTE is king.

FTE means you get an attempt at the dragon. Dropping FTE forfeits your attempt for one hour or one attempt from every opposing guild. Don't want to lose your attempt? Don't drop FTE.

Would *hopefully* increase the chances of guilds clearing trash toward raid targets, and avoid the shenanigans of throwing 15 pullers at a mob to get it through a very large, hostile zone
Old 03-04-2016, 08:30 AM
Aviak

Current Raid scene in TOV is "Classic". I can remember pulling every named dragon to the Entrance or Exit. What's the problem?
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 AM
Orc

Spitting venom on the GMs who volunteer their free time is not a good way to get them on your side, or even listen to you.

As far as non-classic solutions to the already non-classic FTE message: how about losing/forfeiting FTE every time any guildie who was COTH'ed in the past 10minutes engages their guild's FTE target? Or what about pulling away a mob/guard that spawns within 250 locs of a named(and intended to be part of the encoutner) is pulled away FTE gets reset?

In my opinion, it seems like the non-classic solution should be in the spirit of the message, so that's what informs my ideas.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 AM
Sarnak

Just rotated it weekly. No mages, no tracking, no bs wasting time to play a game.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Stuff
The RnF-Chest Pounding (no pun intended) culture of this server makes what you want a near impossibility. You are going to have to start there if you want to see any real lasting change. And good luck with that.

also inb4rnf
Last edited by -Catherin-; 03-04-2016 at 10:17 AM..
Old 03-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

pvp server

feel like im on crazy pills talkin to u ppl
Old 03-04-2016, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmarnieh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just rotated it weekly. No mages, no tracking, no bs wasting time to play a game.
This guy gets it^ Think of the time better spent dong much more productive things. Some people just give up because it's like a broken record of the worst song ever & only a select few are enjoying the torture to others ears.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirled [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This guy gets it^ Think of the time better spent dong much more productive things. Some people just give up because it's like a broken record of the worst song ever & only a select few are enjoying the torture to others ears.
Think how much gardening and re-wiring of my house's outlets I could get done.

And I miss the old 'crawling through' as on live as well, a rotation would allow us to actually clear in one raid (longish) raid night or even split into two nights if we rotate weekly.
Closed Thread