Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am lvl 48, what do you suggest for gear.
What is your budget?
Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Aviak

More looking for ideas of what to look for, lets say $6k.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by delfi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Slow the mob, then tank it while dotting generally. Some like to use jbb as well. Easiest with torpor obviously given its absurd healing power.

Tip 1: Mobs don't start summoning until they reach 95-96% so you can try to kite and slow the mob if you have room and not a bellycaster. Or you can try rooting until slowed, then tank once debuffs/slow/dots are on and he ticks into summoning range...then tank. This is helpful if you can't heal through unslowed dmg.

Tip 2: Keep timer on slow. If you let it wear off, life can get bad quick.

Tip 3: Melee. Good chunk of dmg can come from melee + pet when a mob has very high resists.
This is the only post worth reading. Once you out damage your pet and get aggro at 95-96% you will be summoned. This tactic above is what I use for the corrupted seafury and it works just fine. If you want to play it extra careful: send pet in and malo. Slow should always be the first or at least second thing you cast.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will have to check when I get home but I think my.ac is close to 800. My wis is 193 but I have not dedicated to wis. I am lvl 48, what do you suggest for gear.
Get the best AC gear with added HP you can afford. A lot of it is dirt cheap, things like Tattered Mantle are less than 200pp. You also want to really try to get the 8k or so you need for an Iksar Ceremonial BP, the regen is huge. Oh and Barbed Dragonscale Boots are a must, especially when you can buy them for the same price as those awful banana boots.

I'd say buy some items to get your AC over 800 but try to limit the spend, then go do Seafuries till you can afford an Iksar Ceremonial (shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 hours. You want Ac6 Hp65 rings and Ac2 Hp35 earrings but I'd wait till you have the Ikky first.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdTuBrutus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get the best AC gear with added HP you can afford. A lot of it is dirt cheap, things like Tattered Mantle are less than 200pp. You also want to really try to get the 8k or so you need for an Iksar Ceremonial BP, the regen is huge. Oh and Barbed Dragonscale Boots are a must, especially when you can buy them for the same price as those awful banana boots

I'd say buy some items to get your AC over 800 but try to limit the spend, then go do Seafuries till you can afford an Iksar Ceremonial (shouldn't take more than 5 or 6 hours. You want Ac6 Hp65 rings and Ac2 Hp35 earrings but I'd wait till you have the Ikky first.
Awesome thanks
Closed Thread