Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-11-2019, 01:21 PM
Skeleton

So I signed up to EQ Live to confirm and its smooth as butter. Whatever this server enforced 60fps cap is, its directly conflicting with the local system and so far, after hours to troubleshooting it, I cannot solve the problem.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:48 PM
Aviak

Any fix to this problem yet I'm having the same problem on desktop ever other time I turn it stutters so bad I lose track of which direction I'm going
Old 09-15-2019, 12:20 AM
Aviak

You guys need to install Fraps or use the Nvidia game recorder and turn on the FPS display so you can see if you are in fact running at 60 FPS.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:23 AM
Fire Giant

Still having issues here even though I tried every good advice on this forum. Game is unplayable atm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using a laptop? If so, load up some tasks like Steam or something similar. That’s been my fix for years and multiple laptops, EQ doesn’t challenge the CPU much. Before my install, I couldn’t even mouse look at all in EC tunnel, it was 1fps. After reinstall, it’s a locked 60fps, no stutters - but still obviously not 144fps.
wt* is Steam? And how do I test this 17th thing?

/cry baby on
Old 10-08-2019, 05:49 AM
Fire Giant

Update to my situation:

I gave up and re-started with a new installation of EQ. This worked! And im totally lag free just like in the good old days. However, I was still puzzled about the cause that had triggered this.

Today I talked with a friend, at he said the same thing had happend to him not long ago. He had, just like me, unzipped the patch files directly in to the EQ folder. Somehow that method doesnt proporly replaces some of the files when they land into the folder from the zip file. Insted the files should be unzipped in a different folder and then copied in to the EQ folder. Im not too technical about this, because I simply dont know better. Maybe others can elaborate.

Anyways, this might be a thing to test for others in my situation.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:05 AM
Fire Giant

Unzipping directly and unzipping into a folder and copying should theorectically be the same. I would expect if there were any issues unzipping and overwriting winzip (or 7z whatever you use) would tell you if there were any violations etc.

Very odd. Not saying you're wrong but i cant think of a reason for it.

Anyway as it happens I always extract a new release in a seperate hotfix folder anyway. Always seems the safest way to me.