Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

Did he stutter?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 06-09-2020, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

This didnt seem like that bad of a trade. I've had a surprising number of people just straight up ask me if I'd trade the item im selling for some crap half its value. Like "yeah sure, guy I don't even know. Let me give you this more expensive item for a cheaper and harder to sell item. Sounds like a great deal for me!"

Or people making lowball offers on sol ro class armor items less than the gem cost to make the item. GTFO with that shit.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was expecting something extreme like someone offering a lambent suit of armor for a manastone.

idk why that proposal would upset you, let alone be thread worthy.
Sorry I'm not menderz. I'm Turboshock/Turbosilk/Dangeres. But I know menderz and know he wouldn't have that sort of response to a single trade offer.

When negotiations on trivial items are too aggressive it can just totally turn of a seller.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Guess he just wants actual pp so he can stop playing Warren Buffett in a 400 year old barbarian sim like everyone else in EC who masturbates to the thought of "flipping for a profit" in a 400 year old barbarian sim

but whatever
Old 06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

I would have done that trade, but I'd have wanted 350p.
Old 06-09-2020, 06:28 PM
Aviak

OP has ruined their server reputation for including their in game on their shit forums post.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:43 AM
Kobold

Server reputation? ruined?
Man... I guess I'll have to quit the game.
I'll be in EC giving away my Ebon War Spear and Totemic cloak.
Old 06-10-2020, 02:52 AM
Kobold

Not everybody knows the exact worth or going rate of items, there is nothing wrong with asking and a simple "no, thanks." will suffice as a reply. Sometimes if they are offering to trade items as well as an amount of platinum for something else, it tends to be because it's an item they really want, and are offering all they have to try and acquire it.
Old 06-10-2020, 03:04 AM
Kobold

Thank you, Guesty! That's all I was really trying to get at. Simple "no" would have worked.
Still don't fully understand why this was moved here from "Screenshots".
I just wanted to share my confusion with everyone, but apparently I'm in the wrong and now have a ruined reputation. lol
Old 06-10-2020, 07:53 AM
Fire Giant

Everybody on the server even remotely interested in EC tunnel garbage is comically broke. The new people gaining levels are broke and they never have anything to camp when they get higher level because high level people bogart everything and they have been since the fall. People make it to their 40s with barely a few K plat, between getting items they actually need they don't end up with any pile of money. Also, its not the fall anymore, so the druids that were among the few porters aren't getting rich anymore.

In fact, "high end" items rarely sell for raw plat and it always comes down to some plat and higher-end item trade because its hard to move even more valuable items. EC tunnel rats have even reduced themselves to listing higher-end items for sale with trades accepted.

EC tunnel is a pathetic joke and its not really worth getting upset over a broke nub trying to haggle you on nub items. I understand the frustration but the economy is really stagnant and EC tunnel anymore is pathetic.

<The A-Team>
Closed Thread