on your side 6 37.50%
on your stomach 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2021, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Default How do you sleep?

I am wondering how you guys sleep.
Usually on the side and since I am deaf, I sleep on my right side so I hear almost nothing.

Recently hurt myself rather significantly while sleeping.
Like I could barely move, for almost two days then it too me a week to recuperate.
How can you get hurt so badly while sleeping?

Do you guys have good posture tip, or sleeping technique to avoid snapping your own neck in your sleep, I kind of like living.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:32 AM
Planar Protector

According to science the healthiest way to sleep is on your back with your head slightly elevated.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:39 AM
Banned

Starkind sleeps on all surfaces, rotations, facets, at infinite angles.

It is possible to pull a muscle sleeping. You may be experiencing ascension. Starkind recommends gentle stretching & yoga. Try some different positions each night. If the noise bothers you, do a noise machine. Earplugs are not recommended for long term use, but you may be able to get away with one earplug in your good ear if you wash your ears regularly. Starkind recommends strongly against intending to force symmetry.
Old 04-14-2021, 04:47 AM
Fire Giant

Spend money on a good mattress and pillow. A shitty bed will ruin you. And don't skimp on the pillow either.

I snore when I'm on my back so I end up on my side most nights. Putting a pillow between the knees is always helpful. Keeps the legs straight and helps your back and hips. There's special leg pillows out there but I haven't gone that far. There are also pillows designed specifically for side sleep. A weighted blanket might also help if you're moving around a bunch in your sleep.

I've also heard sleeping on your left side is better than the right cuz of how your organs are laid out.

I also recommend an acupressure mat if you have problems relaxing before bed. I lie on one for a half hour while reading and it knocks me out. Girlfriend hates cuz I konk out so hard I instantly start snoring.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:51 AM
Planar Protector

Sobriety and hard work daily
Old 04-14-2021, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sobriety and hard work daily
This.

I sleep like a rock.

Up by 5 am, workout almost every morning, work hard, eat well, rarely drink these days.

Back sleeper. Tempur-Pedic LuxeBreeze mattres and Coop Eden pillows.

https://www4.tempurpedic.com/shop-ma...breeze/v/3058/

https://coophomegoods.com/products/eden-pillow

You spend 1/4 - 1/3 of your life in your bed. Don't buy cheap shit.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, I am a chef, right?
I do physical and mental work, often at the same time and I tend to stay sober with the occasional joints but that usually wore off before I hit bed. I meditate.
I do (very light) yoga and stretch often.
Most nights(morning), I wake up in the same position I went to sleep in.
But other nights, especially summer nights, because kitchen gets hot I drink loads of water, in the evening and that causes some problem waking up to pee and I've had nights where I strain my neck, a little but never have I experienced something like this, where it seemed like I physically hurt myself in my dream world and transferred that into this realm. A big bruise and muscle tension making it hard to move my entire right side. Doctor (I'm in canada, I went because it is free albeit a bit long) ran some tests. I'm fine, just pulled a muscle.
Sleeping.

I have an excellent mattress and decent yet old pillows.
maybe it's the pillows and in that case I know who never to buy pillow from but that is still crazy.

I like my esoteric explanation where life asked me to slow down, reach for things that make sense to me and not take shit for granted.

but I would like to know if there is something more, has something like tis ever happened to you, where you go to sleep fine yet wake up trashed by the night's sleep, which was supposed to be relaxing?

edit: my mattress is brand new, somewhat firm (mid firm) and I paid top dollars for it. I love it usually.
edit2: brand new means I bought it in june 2020. I would have had trouble with it before no? Unless roughly six months is the mark?
Last edited by Byue; 04-14-2021 at 02:51 PM..
Old 04-14-2021, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

Ambien
Old 04-14-2021, 03:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
But other nights, especially summer nights, because kitchen gets hot I drink loads of water, in the evening and that causes some problem waking up to pee
This is less a problem and more just your body cleansing itself. Yes you can see it as a problem but, it would be worse if your body didn't experience discomfort and you didn't pee in the toilet. So the discomfort is helpful.

Quote:
never have I experienced something like this, where it seemed like I physically hurt myself in my dream world and transferred that into this realm. A big bruise and muscle tension making it hard to move my entire right side.
Your mind and body is awakening pulling a neck muscle means something it is connected to your subconcious. This is partly why it happened more in your sleep. This can happen during waking hours when we are not fully with ourselves and make mistakes. It's OK to survive these and just pay attention to why it might be your neck?

Is this related to rigid and inflexible thinking? The throat chakra is in the neck, if you are expressing yourself in a harmful way this may be the bodies way of saying hey, your rage screaming, it hurts please stop hurting me with these angry words. Suppressing them isn't OK either. What are you afraid of? Are there any particular stresses with work or family? Maybe your body is simply telling you to slow down a little bit and give yourself a little more time to communicate with your co-workers. Being a Chef is important so be mindful of the compromises your willing to make. Would you cut your salary by 20% to have the help of a sue chef? Starkind doesn't know if you are a big deal chef or what you are capable of. Who knows it could be unrelated to work at all and just be something berried in your past. Some unforgiving aspect. We bow our heads in guilt or shame, maybe you are being prideful. There is no one answer and only you can find the answers to what may be holding you back here, or strangling you.

Quote:
I like my esoteric explanation where life asked me to slow down, reach for things that make sense to me and not take shit for granted.
Yes. Be expressive. Write more gently. Be open to ideas and things that disgust you without a kneejerk response of 'fuck that that is so fucking stupid your a dumb #$$%%' Your body is letting you know it's time to move into a higher space of being were you can say. Shooting people is wrong for just having a warrant, why don't we try to incentivize good behavior for people living on the margins of society?

Starkind doesn't know and is just spitballing. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It's probably not your bed. Getting a new bed won't hurt if it is time. It's ok to give that thought attention. Maybe you feel like you're unworthy, incapable of a new bed and won't even consider it at least? When you are in bed, how does it feel. Do you feel comfortable and safe before you go to sleep? What kind of bed would you really like? That is a most primalistic, root chakra-esque basic answer.

Maybe just find a thing that needs delegation and don't micromanage something? IDK!!! you can only answer that. There are guides and healers, which Starkind is not. Though starkind like's to speculate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by starkind; 04-14-2021 at 03:23 PM..
Old 04-14-2021, 03:29 PM
Fire Giant

I used to enjoy sleeping on my stomach but ever since my heart attack ive changed into a back / side sleeper. Too paranoid about squishing my arteries down in my sleep. I'm pretty sure it was the years of smoking, staying up all night and soda abuse that caused it but you can never be too sure ya know?

Now I'm in bed by 11 most nights, quit smoking and soda cold turkey and discovered a new found love of Ice Mountain and Mio XD
Closed Thread