Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2016, 08:02 AM
Sarnak

Default Crashing in Steamfont

I looked through the FAQ but did not readily see anything that would address the issue I am having.

I tried to zone into Steamfont a couple of nights ago and crashed, and am now unable to log that character back in. When I choose that character from the character select and click "Enter World", it stays at the character select screen for a minute or two (no loading screen), then displays a black screen with "The server is not responding" and then "You have been disconnected" and it boots me to the login screen. I then have to restart the client because if I try to play after that, the client suffers a kind of lag or slowness/delay that makes it unplayable.

I can log into and play other characters without problem. I created a new character in GFay and tried to go to Steamfont, but the same problem happened with that new character upon attempting to zone into Steamfont. So it seems like Steamfont is the only zone that is giving me trouble.

I created a new install and copied the steamfont files from the new install to my existing install but that still did not fix the problem.

Any ideas? I am going to try running from the new fresh install but thought I would see if any others had insight about what is going on here.

Thanks!