Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Do you want your pet window back?
Yes 124 35.63%
No 37 10.63%
Yes, and this change is making me not want to play the game. 75 21.55%
No, I'm glad it's gone. 58 16.67%
I love refrigerators. 54 15.52%
Voters: 348. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2019, 04:31 PM
Planar Protector

Bookmarking this thread for when I make my triumphant return to p99 and inevitably get angered by this new change.

I have always been for small QoL improvements like spell sets (rip) and pet windows
Old 09-10-2019, 04:50 PM
Sarnak

People complaining on forums and in-game about a recent patch change?

That's classic.

Making macros for pet actions, health checks, etc...

That's classic.

I cannot WAIT for the night-vision fix. The salt will flow.

And that's classic.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just think, at some point the Devs talked about removing Pet Windows and limiting Hot Bars, and I'm sure there was talk about how pissed off everyone would be.

They still decided to implement it regardless of how their playerbase felt, and how many people would leave because they greatly reduced the playability of the game that people have been playing for years now.

People can harp on the "OMG ITS CLASSIC" bs, but that argument is becoming ridiculous. This server is not classic. It's not even close. Yeah, its got that "classic feel", but it is not classic, and this change doesn't make people say "OMG No pet window, and limited hotbars!! I totally have to play that server!!". It actually just alienates the playerbase and makes them choose to play other games. (incoming people yelling "It's not classic, its beta for classic, blah blah blah)

I'm sure the timing was thought about based on Green "launching" next month. "Well, we can piss everyone off by making that change we had talked about, but it will be negated a month later when we release green. And that is why the patch notes also included another hint that Green is coming next month. This is a pretty big mis-step in keeping players at the same time WoW Classic came out and players are already leaving.

Dude. Go play Warcraft.
Old 09-10-2019, 05:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glasken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People complaining on forums and in-game about a recent patch change?

That's classic.

Making macros for pet actions, health checks, etc...

That's classic.

I cannot WAIT for the night-vision fix. The salt will flow.

And that's classic.
I remember my first toon was a barbarian shaman. I would get so lost going through the cave to black burrow. Was completely pitch black. Not the case here...
Old 09-10-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

wait is there no pet go away command? lol
Old 09-10-2019, 08:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember my first toon was a barbarian shaman. I would get so lost going through the cave to black burrow. Was completely pitch black. Not the case here...
Shaman's get Serpent Sight (infravision) at lvl 9.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

The attraction of the game is the content: the art, the world, the lore.

It is not the UI.

And I suspect the restrictions of the original, 'classic' UI were due to a combination of technical limits and myopic developers.

Therefore, it makes little sense, and does not at all improve QOL, to shred the utility of various aspects of the UI in the name of 'classic.'

People are here for the challenge and immersion inherent to EQ, not for the UI.

I play Enchanter and don't care all that much about the change; I quickly made buttons and tend to pay attention so I know when my Charm has broken.

I simply don't understand why resources are devoted to UI changes when content can still be improved.

Want to bring back night-blindness? Fine with me! That's content.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, just finding Blackburrow was pretty epic. After awhile you'd get a feel for how the walls curved, or somewhat remember the layout after being able to pass through with a torch, but it was a challenge.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The attraction of the game to some is the content: the art, the world, the lore.

and for some the UI.

So I respect these changes.
by altering your post just a little bit, I provided a counterargument to it.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wait is there no pet go away command? lol
/pet get lost
Closed Thread