Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Patch 50d / light sources

Are the P99 folks tinkering with light sources? My SK epic glow effect is different looking and lighting in general is vastly different than pre-patch. With no mention in the patch notes I don't know whether this is local to the wife and I, but it is present on both of our (very different) machines.

Not posting in bug forum since, if it's not local to our machines, I suspect it's continued improvement and not a 'bug' per se.

Danth
Old 09-30-2019, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Preparation for classic green nightblindness??!?!?
Old 09-30-2019, 08:38 PM
Sarnak

Pre-patch my SK epic looked horrible on desktop while it looked more "correct" on my laptop:

On my laptop it looked similar to this:
https://www.eqprogression.com/wp-con...se-Graphic.jpg

Note the almost 90% transparent purple-ish glow emanating from the center blade.

On my desktop the purple transparent-ish glow that emanates from the center blade was replaced by a non-transparent purple polygon that surrounds (with no emanating effect) the center blade. I do not know if this was because I had downloaded the fancy high-res texture upgrade or not.

After the patch:
Laptop now matches the desktop version, except their is a permanent dark hue around the center blade that the purple hue fills in when it emanates from the center blade. It doesn't look great.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlaar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre-patch my SK epic looked horrible on desktop while it looked more "correct" on my laptop:
Just to remind everyone: Blue is beta Green. We all have to "pay" for this wonderful, free, and well-supported server by testing things every now and then.

(BTW not picking on you Nlaar: you're giving feedback which I imagine helps them. I was just using your quote as an opportunity to anticipate other peoples' responses.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Preparation for classic green nightblindness??!?!?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

I was just about to post about this but what is going on with the lighting effect in the game? I'm in the tunnel and the whole tunnel is super bright...
Old 09-30-2019, 09:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was just about to post about this but what is going on with the lighting effect in the game? I'm in the tunnel and the whole tunnel is super bright...
Uncheck "use advanced lighting" in your graphics options in game, that should fix the crazy brightness.
Old 09-30-2019, 09:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uncheck "use advanced lighting" in your graphics options in game, that should fix the crazy brightness.
I'm not seeing that option under Display or General in the options box.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not seeing that option under Display or General in the options box.
Click the Advanced button under the display tab.
Old 09-30-2019, 10:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click the Advanced button under the display tab.
I clicked the advanced button but there is no "use advanced lighting" to uncheck. Only options I can turn on/off are 4 different Shaders, 2 Sky Reflection and Shadows.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just to remind everyone: Blue is beta Green. We all have to "pay" for this wonderful, free, and well-supported server by testing things every now and then.

(BTW not picking on you Nlaar: you're giving feedback which I imagine helps them. I was just using your quote as an opportunity to anticipate other peoples' responses.)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed - I could have worded it better.