Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wanna play a really good warrior? Make a mage and let pet be the warrior. Pet will out dps an out-tank nearly all warriors.

Classic EQ hates warriors the most. You got all these sissys complaining about the potential for book screen medding, but warriors have zero advantages in the world of Norrath, like absolutely zero.
I must've overlooked the mage pet raid tank meta. Didn't actually know that was a thing until just now. Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Yeah, mage pets might be fine and dandy for lower level content, but warriors are one of the most powerful raid classes in the long run. They have great DPS, and they're the best overall raid tank.
Old 09-23-2019, 02:30 AM
Fire Giant

Tentacle Whip and polished granite Tomahawk are good, you'll definitely want a SSOY
Old 09-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barantor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is dual wielding the go to for warriors then? I went 2handed on my pally.

I was looking at stuff like the black alloy bastard sword from runnyeye.
Look here https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear scroll down to Warrior, find out where all this stuff drops, make plans to camp those dungeons.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic EQ hates warriors the most. You got all these sissys complaining about the potential for book screen medding, but warriors have zero advantages in the world of Norrath, like absolutely zero.
Actually, "Not having to stare at the book screen" is one. I played a Rogue on Rallos for quite a while. Melees had to keep watch, as the hybrids and casters had to look at their books until 35.

I remember punching my groupmates when we needed to vacate an area.

Now this isn't PvP, but still - how do you know when you have a pop? You need someone who doesn't have their nose in a book, target tricks notwithstanding.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:18 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look here https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Pre_Planar_Gear scroll down to Warrior, find out where all this stuff drops, make plans to camp those dungeons.
The crafted armor listed in that section won't even be in the game at launch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2019, 11:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how do you know when you have a pop?
Have you noticed how many people have GINA timers running for every little thing in their camps?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must've overlooked the mage pet raid tank meta. Didn't actually know that was a thing until just now. Thanks! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you must not have played many classic private servers or TLP. Pets are more than adequate for all old world raid content.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then you must not have played many classic private servers or TLP. Pets are more than adequate for all old world raid content.
Yep, level 49 Mage's pet has 2900HP and hits for 56. On top of that, pets regen much faster than any warrior out there, can be chain summoned, dont lose EXP upon death, and cant root. They can do all of this with 0pp invested.

I will reiterate, Classic EQ hates warriors!
Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yep, level 49 Mage's pet has 2900HP and hits for 56. On top of that, pets regen much faster than any warrior out there, can be chain summoned, dont lose EXP upon death, and cant root. They can do all of this with 0pp invested.

I will reiterate, Classic EQ hates warriors!
Maybe so, but I'd much prefer a beefy tank in the group. Warriors, Shadowknights and Paladins, you guys are always welcome in my group; with or without an xp penalty.
Closed Thread