Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2019, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Default Found an Old Post From Nilbog

I was searching for some proof of when each of the original planes came out (damnit Verant, why couldn't you just mention them in the patch notes?) and I happened to come across this post on the EQ Emulator forum (almost ten years ago exactly from today):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
Project 1999 - Legit PVE Classic Progression

Release Date: October 2nd, time TBA.

After many joyful days, nights, and months of development, we are ready to release the server.

Brief description of highlights:

-Progressive through Velious -

- 100% Static Zones - You won't be able to repop an empty zone by zoning.

-Upon release, each RL player is allowed to play 1 client until it is deemed in need of change by the community.

-Classic Timeline - Prenerfs, nerfs, most zone unlocks will be based on an approximated time being expansion unlocking versus original patch notes. (example: box of abu-kar will drop from *any* lvl 35+ npcs until marfen binkdurple is added to sell bag of the tinkerers, then it will be removed)

-Classic Loot - DB completely redone to ensure proper drop rates from common, uncommon, and rare NPCs. Items you forgot about or never knew existed. You shouldn't find empty loot tables.

-Classic Quests - From the useless to the useful, I think all prekunark quests have been researched, fabricated and implemented. Enjoy

-Classic Spells - Spell levels and effects based on original data. Kunark and Velious spells will appear on the correct vendors when the time comes. Classic particle effects, with optional casting graphics.

-Classic Faction - Base factions recreated and populated throughout mobs; creatures and NPCs alike.

-Classic NPCs - Rarity of spawns ensured. Mob HP and level populated from classic spawnlogs. Missing mobs created, huge amounts of pathing work. Scripted NPCs available from scripts only. Dragons, Gods, and unique encounters are scripted events.

-Classic zones recreated - Cazic Thule, Runnyeye, Kerra Ridge with original spawns, quests, and loot.

-Original Plane of Hate/Fear/Sky.. mobs, pathing, loots, difficulty.

-Classic spawn times of mobs.

-Classic class/race combinations only - Halfling rangers, paladins. Gnome Shadowknights and paladins.. are off the menu.

-Classic spell gems and Velious UI are available -

-Classic merchants populated with traditional wares.

-Aesthetics - Faces, textures, clothing, weapon graphics, flavor text, proximity emotes.. fixed

-Classic Tradeskills -

- Norrath purged of frg/bst/ber/vahshir clutter.

- Kunark and Velious npcs removed from classic, until they are needed.

- Dungeon node pathing - Mobs should no longer have phasing ability, and have lost the ability to travel through walls.

- We will be doing GM Events! Minor ones and larger ones.. but definitely the Best of the Best

- Kunark and Velious, when open, will also be classic material. Look forward to original VP 1.0, Sleeper's 1.0, and Plane of Mischief 1.0

A few random features of interest :

- Food/water = mana/endurance effects-
- Eye of Zomm works -
- Blind works -
- Classic Feign Death mechanics -
- Mob run speed corrected - getting away will not be so easy
- Skills - class skills nerfed back into line.
- Pets - poof when you invis/hide/die/or zone.
- Pets - window works, (backoff, etc)
- Classic Alchemy pricing and recipes
- Classic Forage table created -
- Classic spawn points/bind points
- Invisibility spells have random duration timers.
- + hit by non-melee.
- PC pets operate from owner's faction
- Halflings can sneak
- Magical NPCs are immune to non magical weapons
- Endurance bar = Stamina bar, bring your invigor. (WIP)
- Boats are a WIP. Some currently have workarounds, others do not.
- btw, The Plane of Fear will own you in the face, GL on your lustrous russet.

For any questions, comments, suggestions, and a full list of Rules, please visit the forums located at http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.com
Just thought everyone might get a kick out of seeing the original announcement for P99, what with its anniversary coming soon. I hope everyone appreciates their decade of "100% Static Zones", including a "Plane of Fear [that] will own you in the face" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-23-2019 at 02:32 AM..
Old 09-23-2019, 05:41 AM
Sarnak

Shame that food and water have never been fixed...
Old 09-23-2019, 07:51 AM
Banned

me beN buYiN irON RatIonS 4 nuthiN?!
Old 09-23-2019, 07:57 AM
Aviak

We will be doing GM Events! Minor ones and larger ones.. but definitely the Best of the Best
Old 09-23-2019, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will be doing GM Events! Minor ones and larger ones.. but definitely the Best of the Best
Halfling Warriors are best. This is A&A. Praz Eabon!
Old 09-23-2019, 09:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shame that food and water have never been fixed...
What's up with the food?
Old 09-23-2019, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

This would have been excellent in my thread lormain! I am moving it where it belongs, in one place! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How can i make a guide with you throwing out patch notes all over the forums!
Old 09-23-2019, 10:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What's up with the food?
IIRC: All food is consumed at the same rate for your character. "Enduring Drinks" are the same as "Drinks" etc.

Stat food works, e.g., Dwarf Chops give +2 STR and +2 STA.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would have been excellent in my thread lormain! I am moving it where it belongs, in one place! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] How can i make a guide with you throwing out patch notes all over the forums!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread