Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 12:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't assume you have the right to mobs because they give you xp and the other people are 60. Those mobs are usually camped for gems. Generally, FTE (first to engage) is the rule of thumb for random mobs walking around.
Understood... that was kind of beside the main point. We think (thought?) we were first to engage on this single unnamed mob.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:37 AM
Fire Giant

All I can tell the OP is that I was camping for Exp, killing 4 outdoor guard spawns that were all within LOS of each other and keeping them dead to single spawns on a timer. At no point were 2 left alive, and at no point did I let a fresh spawn stand around for longer than 10 seconds.

A second player walked up and used instant cast spells (an Item I think) to start taking the mobs I had broken as they spawned. I told them to stop and they pretended to not understand English. I petitioned a GM, explained the situation, the GM confirmed that what I was telling them was true. The GM then explained that for outdoor spawns of all kinds, a single player can only claim a single mob as "camped" by them regardless if they are static, or roaming, or all close together. One player, one mob outdoors. Period. The person I was consulting at the time was Braknar, and that's how it went.

Take the above for what it's worth. It greatly adjusted my attitude towards fellow players when it comes to the experience portion of the game.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:34 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi there,

Background:
I used to play EQ back in 1999/2000 and quit shortly after Luclin was released. I've recently started playing on p99 with my friends who have been here for many years. I've been playing way too much and am lvl 47 in a few weeks.

Question:
I've noticed it is easy for people to start yelling about camps and spawns being contested. My friend was recently suspended without warning or explanation and we think it was due to someone complaining about taking their pulls. The pulls in question were probably pulled about the same time (within a second?) and were not part of a camp. They were also green to the petitioner and don't drop any special loot. If anything, this sounds like the petitioner is violating not disrupting normal playability of the zone for those of us who get XP.

We invest a lot of time in our characters in this game. Do we want GMs suspending/banning people without talking about it? This is only going to lead to people petitioning all the time for anything as a CYA technique. I want fair and honest discussion getting to the root of the issue before action is taken. You may not care until it happens to you.

Thoughts?

(Was previously posted in "Server chat" and the initial thought was that there were ragey /tells that caused suspension, but how can you know when there is no explanation?)

I read both your threads and all your posts. A few thoughts come to mind. Maybe the GM decided your friend is a lost cause base on the chat logs. Maybe the GM figured your friend already knew what he did wrong. Maybe the GM rolled his eyes and moved on to more important things. Maybe the GM doesn't want to deal with the same petty issue 2x with warnings. Maybe he was going to give your friend a reason but then his dog had to go out and he forgot.

1. You told us these pulls drop "no special loot". OOT Seafuries drop vendorable items that sells upwards of 100 plat per drop. The XP is bad, the cyclops are unmezzable, unstunnable, have many hitpoints, and they hit hard. People go there for the sweet loot. It's always been highly contested by max level players. Your friend has been here for many years? I'm shocked this didn't come up in conversation duing that long wait for the boat.

2. You claimed this player was "violating not disrupting normal playability of the zone for those of us who get XP." Whether or not you get XP has nothing to do with whether or not you can pull things. Even if it were decaying skellies in W Freeport newbie yard and a level 60 necro was looking for bone chips in the wrong place, if he tags it first over a level one that's totally within the rules. It's not "disrupting normal gameplay." At worst, it's a bit rude to do it in newbie zones.

3. You go back and forth between it being a "pull" and "pulls". Did it happen a bunch of times, or once? Whoever got suspended was most likely not the first to engage, unless they got suspended for stuff in chat. Was your friend continually stealing pulls after he was asked to stop, or did he say some stuff in chat? Your friend can answer that.

5. You said something in one of your posts about being there first. Being there first means nothing. If getting there first mattered, Seafury Isle would have been permacamped and handed down among the same group of people 24 hours a day 7 days a week every week for about 8 years straight by now. Everyone else after that ever would be not first, including you and your friend.

One thing is clear, somebody needs a new lawyer.
Old 03-13-2018, 06:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs don't need to talk to anyone, they have logs. If you guys were continually 'accidently' tagging mobs at the 'same time' then its a simple log review and then swift justice is doled out. I would think it much more likely that your friend was engaged in a /tell war where he was being a complete c#nt to the other party.

Server rules like this are good so that a small cliques of players cant move in and bully an area with super aggressive play.

Been playing here for years now and never been suspended even once and I play mainly puller classes. Your friend f#cked up somehow
/This
Old 03-13-2018, 09:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All I can tell the OP is that I was camping for Exp, killing 4 outdoor guard spawns that were all within LOS of each other and keeping them dead to single spawns on a timer. At no point were 2 left alive, and at no point did I let a fresh spawn stand around for longer than 10 seconds.

A second player walked up and used instant cast spells (an Item I think) to start taking the mobs I had broken as they spawned. I told them to stop and they pretended to not understand English. I petitioned a GM, explained the situation, the GM confirmed that what I was telling them was true. The GM then explained that for outdoor spawns of all kinds, a single player can only claim a single mob as "camped" by them regardless if they are static, or roaming, or all close together. One player, one mob outdoors. Period. The person I was consulting at the time was Braknar, and that's how it went.

Take the above for what it's worth. It greatly adjusted my attitude towards fellow players when it comes to the experience portion of the game.
You did the right thing. Thanks for reporting the criminal scum.

Anyone who can't understand these straightforward simple rules is a threat to our glorious community! They must be purged!
Old 03-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That seems really wrong. The server rules (#2) do indicate it is up to interpretation by the GM, but it sounds like you were holding those spawns down and the person stole the spawn. I can't understand why a GM would essentially encourage that behavior by giving them what they want. Anyway, sorry you had to deal with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocreeper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read both your threads and all your posts. A few thoughts come to mind. Maybe the GM decided your friend is a lost cause base on the chat logs. Maybe the GM figured your friend already knew what he did wrong. Maybe the GM rolled his eyes and moved on to more important things. Maybe the GM doesn't want to deal with the same petty issue 2x with warnings. Maybe he was going to give your friend a reason but then his dog had to go out and he forgot.

1. You told us these pulls drop "no special loot". OOT Seafuries drop vendorable items that sells upwards of 100 plat per drop. The XP is bad, the cyclops are unmezzable, unstunnable, have many hitpoints, and they hit hard. People go there for the sweet loot. It's always been highly contested by max level players. Your friend has been here for many years? I'm shocked this didn't come up in conversation duing that long wait for the boat.

2. You claimed this player was "violating not disrupting normal playability of the zone for those of us who get XP." Whether or not you get XP has nothing to do with whether or not you can pull things. Even if it were decaying skellies in W Freeport newbie yard and a level 60 necro was looking for bone chips in the wrong place, if he tags it first over a level one that's totally within the rules. It's not "disrupting normal gameplay." At worst, it's a bit rude to do it in newbie zones.

3. You go back and forth between it being a "pull" and "pulls". Did it happen a bunch of times, or once? Whoever got suspended was most likely not the first to engage, unless they got suspended for stuff in chat. Was your friend continually stealing pulls after he was asked to stop, or did he say some stuff in chat? Your friend can answer that.

5. You said something in one of your posts about being there first. Being there first means nothing. If getting there first mattered, Seafury Isle would have been permacamped and handed down among the same group of people 24 hours a day 7 days a week every week for about 8 years straight by now. Everyone else after that ever would be not first, including you and your friend.

One thing is clear, somebody needs a new lawyer.
1. Yes, the spawn rate is pretty low. We were kind of dumbfounded by the petitioner would want to fight these, because he could make more money porting people instead of petitioning people. This is beside the point - my friend tagged the same mob about the same time and was suspended for a single instance.

2. Yes, I know this, again beside the point. Right, I would agree it is legal but rude.

3. It was a single pull. If I am speaking generally (not our specific situation), I may be using pulls.

4. ?

5. Right, beside the point... sometimes I am talking about the server rule legality of the situation, others I am talking about the consideration a person should have for others.

Lol! Yes, a new lawyer... I can tell you are trying to help, and thanks for reading all of it. I learned not to mix specific and general situation chat in the same threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irulan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You did the right thing. Thanks for reporting the criminal scum.

Anyone who can't understand these straightforward simple rules is a threat to our glorious community! They must be purged!
I concur, that is unacceptable behavior. I wish the GM had agreed.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:10 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Err... I meant the spawn rate of the loot is kind of low now, but the spawn rate of seafuries is huge... there are often tons of them up.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtsgoodtime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That seems really wrong. The server rules (#2) do indicate it is up to interpretation by the GM, but it sounds like you were holding those spawns down and the person stole the spawn. I can't understand why a GM would essentially encourage that behavior by giving them what they want. Anyway, sorry you had to deal with that.
You cant 'camp' outdoor mobs. Ask any Druid who has ever quadded their way to 60 how many f#cks are given if someone comes and starts stealing your quad mobs. Answer: zero f#cks given. Seafuries are definitely FTE regardless of weather you can keep the entire island down or not.

Caveat to the FTE rule is if a player is kiting more than 5 mobs you can tag off their train. So when you see a Bard with 10 mobs behind him feel free to start picking them off and killing them.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You cant 'camp' outdoor mobs. Ask any Druid who has ever quadded their way to 60 how many f#cks are given if someone comes and starts stealing your quad mobs. Answer: zero f#cks given. Seafuries are definitely FTE regardless of weather you can keep the entire island down or not.

Caveat to the FTE rule is if a player is kiting more than 5 mobs you can tag off their train. So when you see a Bard with 10 mobs behind him feel free to start picking them off and killing them.
Gotcha. I think that is what NegaStoat also found out. Even with static, non-roamers, you cannot camp outdoor mobs (with the exception of a single static spawn?).

This is all news to me ... I figured you should camp static spawns that you can hold down, but apparently not.

All of that is of course irrelevant with respect to seafuries... those are roamers.
Old 03-13-2018, 11:10 AM
Large Bat

I was on of the third parties in this "indecent" and every excuse that has come up for the GM's behavior is incorrect other than what the GM was doing personally (dog needed to potty?).
  • Did OPs friend deserve a warning? Yes
  • Did OPS friend deserve a suspension for technically breaking rules by KS accidentally 1 time? Maybe?
  • Is 7 days suspension way overkill for a long time player on a first offense who did not say anything offensive in a "tell war"? Absolutely

The only nasty words were said by the other party who was ranting and raving with walls of texts about one accidental KS pull that we thought he accidentally pulled from us.
Closed Thread