Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 05:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by planarity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, that definitely sounds ridiculous. I assume AW were contesting that vulak though right? And you must have killed it or there would be no need to concede anything? I guess the theory is that it's harder to contest when your shaman (or whatever) is dead, so it's slightly different in that sense?

I have a hard time believing you gave up two vulaks for accidentally killing precisely one person on a bad pull, but maybe it's true.
I should say that I wasn't on when it happened, but that's what I've been told.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really, this is a pretty good example of what it's like to deal with your leadership from our side of the fence. Aftermath messed up a Vulak pull, which killed some small number of Awakened players. We then get browbeat by the usual suspects until we either concede two Vulak's or let it go to petitions. Detoxx, not wanting to risk the entire guild, accepts the terms and concedes two Vulak's for accidentally training a couple people.

One of the conceded Vulak's spawns, Awakened pulls it to the zone in, brings in a bunch of adds, and murders everyone, including a dozen or more (I think? Need confirmation here) members of Aftermath. Despite having just forced a concession of two Vulak's for literally doing the exact same thing, us having provided very clear and obvious fraps of them being at fault, Awakened's leadership tells us to kick rocks and suck it up.

I'm obviously a biased party here, but I try to be pretty objective about most things in life. I really don't think there are any double standards or favoritism happening here. Your leadership has always acted like this, and got away with it for a long time. Unfortunately a bunch of people are paying the price now for the actions of a few meatheads.
OK well this first incident happened before I even joined, and I can see why that would be frustrating. I'm not here to defend the AW leadership, although I of course am biased too but I can try to see past that.

I guess I still see a qualitative difference between a) two guilds competing for a mob and one guild trains some members of the other guild (and both guilds need to be there because that's where everyone pulls all the mobs), and b) one guild has already conceded the mob and is just hanging around while the other guild fails a pull and trains them. It has a slightly different feel to it, but that could just entirely be my bias.

I think we are where we are because both sides have been vindictive and petty, but the way the GMs have this set up is just awful too: First because in that situation you had already conceded the mob so you didn't have anything to gain and thus no incentive to work something out, and second because our suspension is for "training and wiping Aftermath's raid party", so the message they are sending (remember, these suspensions are to send a message) is....if you try to kill a dragon at tov zonein and fail (with clearly no malice or cheating involved), that's an infraction worthy of sanction on par with the most severe this server has ever seen.

I'm sure some of this is my bias talking, but can it all be attributed to that?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the conceded Vulak's spawns, Awakened pulls it to the zone in, brings in a bunch of adds, and murders everyone...
It probably doesn't matter (does it?) but for the record vulak was single at the zonein. Part of the problem was that our only backup tank and some others had to go goaltend. I noticed in my logs that I never actually died or zoned out, because someone managed to blur vulak and then I was clear of aggro.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

New Awakened slogan:

Tired of raiding? Join Awakened!
Want to raid less? Join Awakened TODAY!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:42 AM
Fire Giant

The Vulak that caused Aftermath to concede two (not the four that Detoxx suggested as standard punishment) wiped out more than one AFK Shaman. It wiped out our raid force that was logging in to entrance to compete.

This Vulak, Aftermath had no business being at entrance during our encounter since they had already conceded it. We pulled vulak out of entrance and you can see it comes back for an Aftermath player. Why? They conceded the mob. Should they be on his agro list? (AEs don't get you on it, so what did he do?)

Sounds like double standard bullshit from staff. Nothing new.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:45 AM
Sarnak

Welp, fuck this server. Who wants my stuff.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levlenna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New Awakened slogan:

Tired of raiding? Join Awakened!
Want to raid less? Join Awakened TODAY!
to be fair someone still probably has a better chance of getting loot in a chain suspended AW than in csg with you. both are only getting to kill one raid mob every couple of months but at least AW doesn't have to split theirs 3 ways
Old 04-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Fire Giant

<message suspended for 40 days>
Old 04-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breaken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Vulak that caused Aftermath to concede two (not the four that Detoxx suggested as standard punishment) wiped out more than one AFK Shaman. It wiped out our raid force that was logging in to entrance to compete.

This Vulak, Aftermath had no business being at entrance during our encounter since they had already conceded it. We pulled vulak out of entrance and you can see it comes back for an Aftermath player. Why? They conceded the mob. Should they be on his agro list? (AEs don't get you on it, so what did he do?)

Sounds like double standard bullshit from staff. Nothing new.

Your right nothing new here, Awakened gets ANOTHER suspension and the mentally challenged former Taken leadership has more sorry excuses on why it isn’t fair. You sound special thinking a guild should leave tov ent if theres 1 dragon we cant kill with others in window. Breaken and Eratani hats off you guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:09 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uberom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped playing on this server back in 2010. I can see that after 8 years, nothing has changed. It's not the players, it's the shit "staff". Always has been.
Sure but lets remember GMs are people. Now ask yourself what person wouldn't evolve into a total shithead when dealing with the p99 player base?
Closed Thread