Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2019, 11:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lack of new blood flowing into Blue will eventually be problematic, but it's going to take a year for it to really show IMO. By the time Kunark hits Blue will be a shadow of tis current self
Blue is so top heavy and has been around for so long that lack of new blood almost doesn't matter. Stuff will still be camped and raid targets are still going to die within minutes of popping. Lower level zones will be the hardest hit for a while. In 3 years when all this new blood is faced with the prospect of starting over or playing on Blue we'll see Blue become king again.
Old 10-23-2019, 11:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean, plenty of ppl have been on blue since the beginning, have multiple lvl 60's, and see zero reason to do it all again on green just to get rolled back in to blue.

however, if i was brand new to p99, yeah, i'd prob start on green.
For Green, I pretty much plan to only play the classes I’ve never really played before/much at all whether on live back in the day or on P99 (Enchanter, Mage, Pally, Rogue). I don’t intend to recreate any classes I used to play, so I could see someone on Blue who has pretty much played everything extensively not having a desire to play on Green.
Old 10-24-2019, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyborg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is so top heavy and has been around for so long that lack of new blood almost doesn't matter. Stuff will still be camped and raid targets are still going to die within minutes of popping. Lower level zones will be the hardest hit for a while. In 3 years when all this new blood is faced with the prospect of starting over or playing on Blue we'll see Blue become king again.
That generally doesn’t happen when games implement seasonal play. Starting fresh is fun.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 10-24-2019, 02:36 AM
Kobold

Blue was a beta test, red is a failed ruin.

Wipe them both.

3 greens.

I can't believe there's even an argument about this. It's the entire point of the project.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 10-24-2019, 02:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody gonna level on Blue anymore anyway. Not worth the effort.
What? I will continue level on blue :-)

Very unsure if I am to care about green at all tho.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What? I will continue level on blue :-)

Very unsure if I am to care about green at all tho.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for taking my snarky statement literally, it’s cute? Kinda?

Am I learning that those that remain on blue will be largely humorless and unable to tolerate a playful jab?

Yikes.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 10-24-2019 at 03:12 AM..
Old 10-24-2019, 03:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's not quite that simple that less gear and less max characters = more difficulty. This fails to account for people's behavior. Expect to see a whole lot of playing it safe to compensate.

While it's true that twinks with parked 60s will have an easier time handling mobs, they'll also have strong incentive to round up more at a time, chain pull, and push deeper into the dungeon for the higher profile camps. Players without this kind of security will simply lean towards lower-risk gameplay - more mana checks, more med breaks, more room timers, more resistance to pulling the named or branching out from camp.

I've played live. I still remember that trapped feeling when your group can't press on and explore because the cleric has work the next day and insists on just clearing the same hall. I've been in that group that doesn't have a puller because nobody wants to be the guy without the zoneline right on their six so everybody just waits in awkward silence for respawns. I've seen the frequency of trains in zones with a moderate population but no available rez.

You can always count on most people to choose the path of least resistance, perks or not. The difference between leveling on green and blue will simply be a matter of risk threshold and pace.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So... No difficulty = Fun.

Difficulty = Not fun?

We're gonna have to agree to disagree here. I don't see the point in playing a game that is so easy.
I still get a good laugh when ppl on the forums claim green is gonna be difficult, it is not, knowledge is everything and ppl on this server have had 20 years worth, we know all the strats, we know where all the good gear is, we know the good exp camps/quests, i give it a month at most before we start seeing level 50s with BiS gear, then when the planes hit those zones will be a cake walk as well, playing on these servers is for fun not difficulty, even raids arent difficult specially with the use of broken items that shouldnt be used the way they are aka things like the hoop and soulfire. I'll repeat it again, the knowledge is what made classic EQ hard, the vast majority of ppl didnt know where to farm, how to pull certain camps, how to beat a certain boss, the best exp quests, and where to level.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endorra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue was a beta test
I can't believe there's even an argument about this. It's the entire point of the project.
Blue is a museum server. Not sure if you missed that.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-24-2019, 03:54 AM
Kobold

lol at the blue merge argument, like most people will still be playing on green even 2 years from now, green is for the nostalgic trip to 50 and then 60, and we will do it all over again when purple, and yellow, and pink comes out, seriously 99% of the people are not looking even close to that far ahead
Last edited by Kanuvan; 10-24-2019 at 04:20 AM..
Closed Thread