Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Default Noble Dojorn Rotation

I posted this in the raid poll thread, but I think it deserves its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22
As long as we are discussing rotations and things, I seem to remember back in my VD days we had an agreement (with TMO) not to kill the Overseer of Air. IIRC this ended up in a exponentially increasing stream of variance-free Nobles. I am trying to remember if the GMs stomped on this or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanluen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That was when OoA and hand were hard to kill, so it benefited everyone to just have lots of Dojos all the time.

Now they are all pretty easy, and with the 20 minute rule, guilds would rather get 3 efreeti kills in a lump package than wait for a hope of finding dojorn up (and hoping that no other guilds will just come along and take out all the overseers).
I think you are underestimating the power of exponential processes. My understanding of this is that every time you kill the noble when the OOA is up, he'll repop in three days in addition to his usual 1 week spawn. What this means is that the number of efreetis per week will increase to far beyond three very quickly. Something like this:

Day 0: Noble 1 (0)
Day 3: Noble 2 (1)
Day 6: Noble 3 (2)
Day 7: Noble 4 (1)
Day 9: Noble 5 (3)
Day 10: Noble 6 (2), Noble 7 (4)
Day 12: Noble 8 (5)
Day 13: Noble 9 (3), Noble 10 (6), Noble 11 (7)
Day 14: Noble 12 (4)
Day 15: Noble 13 (8)
Day 16: Noble 14 (5), Noble 15 (9), Noble 16 (10), Noble 17 (11)
Day 17: Noble 18 (6), Noble 19 (7), Noble 20 (12)
Day 18: Noble 21 (13)
Day 19: Noble 22 (8), Noble 23 (14), Noble 24 (16), Noble 25 (17)
Day 20: Noble 26 (9), Noble 27 (10), Noble 28 (11), Noble 29 (18), Noble 30 (19), Noble 31 (20)

edit: I realized this isn't quite right, because there is an extra wait of a week while the first OOA is up, but the basic idea remains.

So in three weeks we would have 31 spawns of Noble Dojorn rather than 9 total spawns of Noble Dojorn, OOA, and HoV. IIRC the Hand of Veeshan does drop 3 items instead of two, but that doesn't come close to making up the difference. I'm sure Fabben is suitably horrified at the prospect of other players getting high level Plane of Sky stuff, but really from a player perspective there is no downside to this The only limit is the number of cycles the server can sustain, and after we hit that limit we could kill all of the overseers (one at a time) and the resulting Hands. If that was done at the end of week three to reset things, we'd get another 10-15 efreeti kills right then, making a total of nearly 50 efreeti kills instead of 9.

Assuming this is really how the spawn works, I'd like to propose the following:

Proposed Efreeti Agreement
  • Any guild that kills Noble Dojorn will have the right to kill the next Overseer of Air (and therefore the resulting Hand of Veeshan) as soon as a second Overseer of Air pops.
  • Any guild that kills Noble Dojorn while the Overseer of Air is up will pass up the resulting Noble Dojorn pop in 3 days
  • All kills will be recorded in some sort of thread in the guild forums
  • Don't be a douchebag, including but is not limited to: disarming the Overseer of Air
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Last edited by Splorf22; 12-26-2013 at 04:50 PM..
Old 12-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

I thought the extra dojo for leaving OoA up thing was changed to no longer happen?
Can't seem to find patch notes about it though, maybe they wrote it in funky way.

Could be wrong tho, I rly got no idea. Recall ppl stopped leaving OoA up somewhere mid 2012, could be just TMO wanting to lock the cycle.
Last edited by Brut; 12-26-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Old 12-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought the extra dojo for leaving OoA up thing was changed to no longer happen?
Can't seem to find patch notes about it though, maybe they wrote it in funky way.

Could be wrong tho, I rly got no idea. Recall ppl stopped leaving OoA up somewhere mid 2012, could be just TMO wanting to lock the cycle.
Yeah it could totally have been changed. All I am saying is that if it is still that way, as a server we come out way ahead with a bit of cooperation.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Noble was popping non stop when IB and TMO agreed to leave OoA up.
Old 12-26-2013, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

IIRC OoA depops after a while putting a cap on the max number of nobles (which is still a lot).
Old 12-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

This would be sweet. I remember proposing such a thing, but the server was not in a state where everyone would abide. But now that we're BFF's.....

Kolored on Red.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

I realized leaving overseer up would cause dojorn to spawn sooner but I didn't realize this was exponential the longer you left him up. if this is really how it works its something we should all work together on
Old 12-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Kobold

I would be all for this happening again, just two things to consider:

1 - This resets every time the server resets, which really isn't a big deal at all, just something to keep in mind especially if for some reason simulated patch days happen they might also reset dojorn cycles.

2 - Only takes 1 guild to get a raid force and chain kill overseers to ruin everyone's fun.

Hopefully we can all come to an agreement!

Also, I do not remember any patches about the dojorn cycle, I just think that when people figured out they could dictate Siran, they just wasted all 3 efreetis at once.
Old 12-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Kobold

This has too many holes in it, too many places where a guild could fuck everything up and have everyone abandon it. Which is probably why it's not being done anymore. I asked a few older members about the idea and what happened in the past and the general consensus was subterfuge. I think a better time to propose this would be a month or two after TMO comes back into the raiding scene and see if any of the soon to come guild agreements can last.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

I think now is the perfect time to bring it up. The server's proverbial monkey guild is not currently a factor and the time for fostering inter server relationships is NOW.

Not speaking for the rest of the officers in FE but I believe this is an agreement, if structured right, we could all abide to. Especially as the end result is more spawns of ND. ND drops most of the same pieces OOA does for quests so I am not worried about leaving him up. It is funny how Luchino brings up the holes and subterfuge. The only subterfuge I can think of came from TMO anyway. Which is perhaps part of the reason that 86 accounts got suspended? Anyway, this just might work if in fact your calculations are correct on the exponential repops.

Morphius
60 Enchanter
Forceful Entry
Closed Thread