Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 07:16 AM
Large Rat

Default A way ahead

So Luclin: The point in time at which I hated something about EQ. The graphics. Its menial but, hey, there it is. That and the port stones, even though I used them.

Is the server officially done progressing at Velious?

To the point: Can Luclin be a more classic expansion if you remove things like the port stones and the merchants that sell everything that you should have to get in your home city(Paineel)?????

So I'm a newb. I'm assuming there are a myriad of issues with that expansion other than those listed that ruin immersion and the "classic" experience.

But what's next.

What about custom content? Or adding a metric shit tone of quests in the game world?

Any of this feasible or is it flawed to the core?

V/r

Necromag
Old 05-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Planar Protector

No
Old 05-21-2016, 08:20 AM
Planar Protector

No Luclin but some custom added content perhaps... is the official line.

wipeitclean2016.gif is the call from the masses [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2016, 09:46 AM
Kobold

wipe it clean

port stones (unless you're referring to the nexus spires, one on each continent) are PoP, not luclin though.

if you want content past velious takp is going to PoP eventually. velious due in a few months.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:04 PM
Planar Protector

Cats on the moon!
Old 05-21-2016, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

I'll take how to kill an active server for 200

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No Luclin but some custom added content perhaps... is the official line.
Why not add Luclin as custom content? From what I've seen, the frustrations with the expansion are not over its content but its features. All you'd have to do is trim the fat and what you'd be left is basically an extension of the classic experience.

- Leave AAs and mounts locked, and maybe Vah Shir, Beastlords, and focus effects as well if preferred.
- Shut down the Bazaar. Trying to zone in just gives an error message.
- Remove all Nexus ports except maybe the one to and from North Karana spires so that there's at least one "boat" alternative for travel.
- Scale down loot, ZEM, and mob difficulty so that it's more in line with older content with the obvious exception being high end raids so that there's a path of progression beyond NToV. Quest components for items such as Amulet of the Grey Wastes can be made rarer to prevent disruption of the market for effect items and bags.
Old 05-21-2016, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not add Luclin as custom content? From what I've seen, the frustrations with the expansion are not over its content but its features. All you'd have to do is trim the fat and what you'd be left is basically an extension of the classic experience.

- Leave AAs and mounts locked, and maybe Vah Shir, Beastlords, and focus effects as well if preferred.
- Shut down the Bazaar. Trying to zone in just gives an error message.
- Remove all Nexus ports except maybe the one to and from North Karana spires so that there's at least one "boat" alternative for travel.
- Scale down loot, ZEM, and mob difficulty so that it's more in line with older content with the obvious exception being high end raids so that there's a path of progression beyond NToV. Quest components for items such as Amulet of the Grey Wastes can be made rarer to prevent disruption of the market for effect items and bags.
I'm open to anything at this point [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Banned

Just add AA's and make p99 recycle within the next two years please
Old 05-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

See I think adding the bazaar was a great thing. I personally hate going to EC to buy or sell. I generally farm or ask someone to scooping something up if they see something I need. The stuff I farm either gets handed to new players or to someone that sells stuff for me. The bazaar was great you could post up a toon at the end of the day with items and wake up to plat in the morning.

I think Luclin added with the basics is a good idea though. It opens up new zones, extra quests, trade skills, and this list goes on.

What I wouldn't want to see is stuff like the EZserver where items are stacked with super stats and is completely custom with no EQ feel to it at all.

But it is a guessing game at this point, unless Nilbog wants to expand a little bit on what he means by custom content and the direction of the server at the end of the year as we are slowly creeping to the end of Velious.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread