Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 04:37 PM
Banned

Default The Velious Monk

I'm about to hit 35 on my twinked monk (it's only taken 3 years).

That said, I'm looking for a fresh pasture to roam. Old World and Kunark is great but I've done it many times since joining p99. While I don't love Velious, I figured why not check out some of the leveling content as a solo monk.

My first destination will be crystal caverns. Can someone suggest a good area to stay in the caverns? I've never even been inside the zone.

I'll keep exploring from there and hopefully can learn the best leveling spots in Velious. I know the xp modifiers are garbage and hp is high, but I don't really care about leveling up fast.
Old 02-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

I have a 41 Druid that I would like to do strange and exciting content on. Message Wutaang if you ever seen him on and I can port us around + thorns/regen/SoW/heal. Been splitting my play time between Wutaang and Myrdrraal. I know Iceclad has some wolfs I could charm also...

With that said I have not ever actually done much XPing in Velious besides some time in Velks (pretty garbage XP honestly).
Old 02-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Banned

i'll add you to the (friends) LIST

I'd prefer shitty exp and some fresh looking pixels than another run through Sol A halls.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:54 PM
Sarnak

The zone in should be pretty safe to kill the orcs at. The whole first maze section is all made up of orcs that you should be able to kill pretty easy. If you want to jump off the first ledge to the bottom there's an exit tunnel there. Can't remember which direction it is, but the only exit. If you go out that, there's a fork, take a right and that'll take you to the coldain town. One of my favorite zones. Shoot me a pm and I'd be happy to show you around the zone.
Old 02-20-2018, 06:58 PM
Sarnak

On another note, trying to get my alt to about 30ish and one zone I've always wanted to explore and run through is tower of frozen shadow. Sounds dangerous and fun.
Old 02-22-2018, 04:20 AM
Banned

got him to crystal caverns, killing orcs is good.

so much different than the goblin warriors and shams i killed in the lavastorm mtn mines :rollesyes:
Old 02-23-2018, 05:02 PM
Banned

Are there any ways an ikky monk can get monk skills trained in Velious?
Old 02-27-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned

Level 34 - 37 done in Crystal Caverns. Hunted many Orcs. Spiders became better xp at 36. I think Orcs were slightly better plat, but i'm not sure how well the crystalline silk thread sells for compared to the Velium drops. Good exp and money and more mobs than I could ask for. I'm gonna poke my head into TOFS maybe for the last half of 37 before a trip to the commonlands.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Yeah crystal caverns is definitely my favorite place for the 30s. Never have to fight for mobs. Trying to get my necro up higher so I can go to ToFS. Lemme know how it goes!
Old 02-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Can an Iksar monk use vendors in the Coldain town? I’m thinking of popping up to finish 39 and farm some plat.
Closed Thread