Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, you just camp your main, log on the alt, and loot the corpse. No boxing.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, you just camp your main, log on the alt, and loot the corpse. No boxing.
That's fair enough -- he also said that the person can leave the zone, sell the item and come back before the next PH and the camp is still his. Which I think is confirmed by the Wiki attached above, I suppose.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think he's pro-boxing. You can have 4 toons on the same account parked and just log the next one in.
Ok so technicallity. 1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

He cannot do that as he is no longer at the camp. Even if the switch is 30 seconds. He still is not there to hand over the camp. A further point is that "Arriving to a camp" and "logging Into a camp" are two very different things. I would even go as far to say that due to leaving the game he has forfeited his right to the camp.

Edit* And yes i know i'm nitpicking words.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-01-2019, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekl_Mortain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok so technicallity. 1) The player being handed the camp must be present around the time the first placeholder spawns after the last holder of the camp has gotten his or her item in hand. The person handing off the camp must stay at the spawn until the next person in line arrives, if that person is on their way to take the camp. There is a little leeway here, and we refuse to set an exact timer on how long the placeholder can be up before the camp is forfeited, but in general it should never be for more than a couple minutes or so. We tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the person coming in to take the camp in these situations as CSR staff, so waiting a bit longer will never hurt.

He cannot do that as he is no longer at the camp. Even if the switch is 30 seconds. He still is not there to hand over the camp. A further point is that "Arriving to a camp" and "logging Into a camp" are two very different things. I would even go as far to say that due to leaving the game he has forfeited his right to the camp.

Edit* And yes i know i'm nitpicking words.
Thanks. Either way - I've learned that it sucks and there's no reason to ever sit at a camp physically as it does nothing for your claim. Lesson learned.
Old 12-01-2019, 02:58 PM
Aviak

Lol imagine being the guy logging in at the last second to steal the camp from someone who patiently waited nearby
Old 12-01-2019, 04:09 PM
Aviak

It does suck and i do wish you the best of luck when getting your camped mobs. I for one am probably just going to get to lvl 30 on my troll then go full Trades RP.

Edit* Spelling.
Favian - Wood Elf 3 Ranger
Discord - IppSwitch#4031
Old 12-01-2019, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

In this game you need to talk to people. You need to make agreements.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:00 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's fair enough -- he also said that the person can leave the zone, sell the item and come back before the next PH and the camp is still his. Which I think is confirmed by the Wiki attached above, I suppose.
You have screenshots of your interaction with this GM? Because a lot of what you just said directly conflicts with the posted PNP.
Old 12-02-2019, 02:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This game is so much fun.

Read about an area that might be nice to fight in. Spend hours travelling to that area. Finally get there. Shit's just constantly camped the entire day and there's nothing else decent available to fight for my level nearby.

Fun game.
Life doesnt always work out the way you want it to. This is a big part of why we are here and not playing world of warcrap.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1rh3ad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Life doesnt always work out the way you want it to. This is a big part of why we are here and not playing world of warcrap.
I'm here because it's free and for nostalgia. World of Warcraft is objectively a better game for anyone who isn't a masochist.
Closed Thread