Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Default Severe Post-Maintenance Connection Issues

Just wonder if anybody else is suffering some of the same issues I have been encountering on a daily basis since the servers were moved and updated a few weeks ago. My ping went up a good 30ms due to the location change, but some of these other issues are making logging in extremely frustrating. I can ping project1999.org and get a solid 90ms with no timeouts, but my ping sits above 115 now in game.

Some of the issues I know see:

- Random 3 minute zone times, sometimes indefinitely loading until I force quit the client. This usually results in a long 1018 error until the character is booted from zoning.

- Timeouts when logging in from the login screen.

- Server list not displaying

- Upon loading into the game, I am told my spellfiles are outdated, and have to relogin.

- Unknown errors when trying to connect to a server from the server list. Usually requires a full client restart to fix.

This is not just a once a day thing or something that happens occasionally, but rather something that happens almost every time I try to log in game, and recently happening on 60% of my zones in the past week. This is all aside from DDoS which was making things worse for everybody.

Just curious if anybody has these issues and if anybody has found any way to alleviate some of these problems.
Serilis - 60 Wizard
Decisive - 60 Bard
Winsloe - 60 Rogue
Zaggasauarus - 27 Necro