Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2021, 06:03 PM
Fire Giant

Imagine a rogue DMFing himself and porting himself around. Doesn’t sound drugbox at all LMAO. He also wanted barbarian Paladins at one point
Old 04-23-2021, 06:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To give everyone a example of how classic Dulu wants to make this server this is one of the many non classic suggestions he posts in the discord. These posts are just from today

“ If the server is going to be low/medium pop, we will need more money sinks to keep the economy afloat: I suggest potions for certain buffs and spells not available to your faction. Buffs, and utility spells obviously.” and
“C tier, cheap: Locate Corpse, Calm Animal
B tier, pricey: Summon Corpse, Thorns (High level requirement for this one?)
A tier, expensive: Dead Man Floating, Symbol of Pinzarn, Druid Ports (Useable by Wiz only? Longer cast time?)”

He wants this since he knows population will be less than 50, yet is just sooo against boxing. Drugs at its finest.

We are emulating Sullon Zek. SZ had 3 distinct teams with unique class restrictions.

SZ also had a currency system that was never really fully implemented. But when you killed a player, you recieved a coin of their deity.

My suggestion was to take that feature of SZ, and add something to do with those coins that would benefit the economy of the server: a money sink. The ability to purchase buffs that are not available to your faction. For example, Good players would not have access to Dead Man Floating, a utility spell. Instead of simply saying they can't have that buff, allow them to purchase it with platinum at a certain level.

It was an idea that was floated to counter inflation, and promote PvP, while still remaining true to the SZ ruleset.
Old 04-23-2021, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds drugbox as hell
Old 04-24-2021, 04:00 AM
Fire Giant

Reign of Thule is the only PvP server I know that’s currently open source.

https://github.com/RoT-PvP/Server

It’s based off the latest EQ Emu source, with close to 6 months of active work from several incredibly talented Developers, some of whom are known as Gods among men in the EQ Emu community.

The project isn’t just Gangsta, and honestly, even if it was, he’s been doing some great work.

All quests, source, and database will eventually be available for download (right now just source is,) which for over 90% of those is by far the largest hurdle.

Even if the server doesn’t make it, it’s giving back to the community more than any PvP project currently out there.

The last time we saw a PvP project go open source was over 10 years ago at the end of VZTZ. More hands need to help make a project happen just Incase Red 2.0 doesn’t happen.

Would we all love a Red 2.0? Of course. But if it doesn’t happen, we either need more people to carry the torch or as a community decide to put EQ PvP to rest, for good.

TLDR: may as well give the server a shot. It’s an attempt at recreating a classic Sullon Zek server, and worst case scenario, at the very least it’s giving back to a dying community.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:46 PM
Aviak

Gangsta is one of the most toxic yet fun people I've ever played with.

I can only hope RoT shares those exact same attributes.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah I mean renly is/was a habitual liar long before he made RoZ and people knew it so I guess it’s possible to get past some things. Problem is he has no real team he’s doing this all by himself with people like Dulu giving asinine suggestions as seen above.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Renly does it for attention though, gangsta does it out of bein messed up in the head and super young.
Old 04-25-2021, 10:48 AM
Orc

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatitNerd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I mean renly is/was a habitual liar long before he made RoZ and people knew it so I guess it’s possible to get past some things. Problem is he has no real team he’s doing this all by himself with people like Dulu giving asinine suggestions as seen above.
?
Old 04-25-2021, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Renly does it for attention though, gangsta does it out of bein messed up in the head and super young.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Sounds drugbox as hell
Yeah, that's why it's a suggestion, for a beta. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

SZ had PvP currency. Could we add something to do with said currency? Could we tweak the system? Maybe. It's worth discussing.
Closed Thread