Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 09-01-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I went STA on my SK, and regretted it. It's useless, unless you're in a Cheal chain.

I went WIS in my Pally, it's pretty useless as pallies mostly heal with DW bp/heal. I'd rather have a higher chance of crit success then maybe getting off one more HoT at 59 with the extra WIS.
Keep in mind you didn't just get the direct benefit of STA or WIS, you got the benefit of being able to more flexibly itemize the rest of your gear because those stats were already more pumped up at creation. Since you don't need as much STA or WIS from gear, you can prioritize AC, HP, or whatever.

It may just come down to preference. I never found swapping in CHA gear on my Pally for dangerous lulls that much of an annoyance, since it wasn't that frequent an occurrence.
Old 09-01-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

I'm curious how the second pally is turning out. Do you prefer dwarf or high elf after playing both?
Old 09-01-2022, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm curious how the second pally is turning out. Do you prefer dwarf or high elf after playing both?
I haven't made it yet, and honestly I might not do it at all now. At this point people have convinced me to roll a Cleric instead.

It'll still be a High Elf though.
Old 09-02-2022, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadsamoney [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't made it yet, and honestly I might not do it at all now. At this point people have convinced me to roll a Cleric instead.

It'll still be a High Elf though.
I've played both into 30's, I preferred Dwarf over High Elf. The extra charisma while nice didn't make up for my noodle high elf arms. I suppose if twinking, then it hardly matters either way.
Old 09-06-2022, 05:31 AM
Fire Giant

If you want to do it, do it. Nothing weird about it. Even more justified since you have a specific goal that cannot be achieved on your first Paladin (Nature's Defender)

In the end the differences will be small and most likely replaced by raid weapons if you ever get any of those. But fashion / race selection is a huge thing for classic EQ players so if its what you want then go for it.... Heck even if you do get raid weapons natures defender still looks dope as hell just for fashion quest alone
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 09-11-2022, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Gnome cleric with girdle of rapidity, gnome tinkered armor for clickies, and a sarnak devastator was legitimately the most fun i've ever had. He's level 52 and still melee solos things