Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2022, 12:22 AM
Banned

At work, getting the story from a family about how their 8yr old pulled a knife on them and herself over the weekend

Me: I recommend securing all the sharps, you can get a locking plastic case if you want to still be able to keep them in the kitchen. Yknow, kids can be impulsive

The 9yr old: I’m not impulsive! You’re being over-dramatic!

Me: I didn’t say you, this applies to kids in general, and nice use of vocabulary

Me (what I wanted to say): You’re not impulsive? I just watched you break down and freak the F out for the past 10 straight minutes because your stepdad wouldn’t cook your pretzel right this very minute. But you’re not impulsive, no

Even if you win an argument with a 9yr old though, you still lose
Old 08-30-2022, 01:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Logged in for the first time in about a year over the weekend

Made about 300pp grinding goblins, only about 10k more to go to get my lev 55 spell. I remember now how boring grinding mobs can be, but staring at a wall for hours camping items is even more boring

Glad I remembered how to play after a while tho
I enjoy King groups in seb for plaT and enTertainment
Old 08-30-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At work, getting the story from a family about how their 8yr old pulled a knife on them and herself over the weekend

Me: I recommend securing all the sharps, you can get a locking plastic case if you want to still be able to keep them in the kitchen. Yknow, kids can be impulsive

The 9yr old: I’m not impulsive! You’re being over-dramatic!

Me: I didn’t say you, this applies to kids in general, and nice use of vocabulary

Me (what I wanted to say): You’re not impulsive? I just watched you break down and freak the F out for the past 10 straight minutes because your stepdad wouldn’t cook your pretzel right this very minute. But you’re not impulsive, no

Even if you win an argument with a 9yr old though, you still lose
I suspect bad parenting
Old 08-30-2022, 02:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I enjoy King groups in seb for plaT and enTertainment
Yeah I don’t even know where Seb is, and pretty much only solo for the past 25ish levels

In my old RL age and with such P99 time off, I haven’t really been all that into exploring new places, although it’s inevitable because at 53 my former exp spots are drying up

I don’t like the idea of exploring new places because I hate having to move my bind point and am terrified at the nightmare that dying and CR involves. I think in my char’s lifetime he’s only died like 5 times due to me being extremely slow, boring, and careful about my leveling and farming. This is another reason why I’m not all that into trying for high ticket items, plus the idea of sitting on a list not doing anything is ridiculous to me
Old 08-31-2022, 02:06 AM
Planar Protector

Sebilis?
Old 09-02-2022, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Hiked lost lake near Seward, alaska. Top ten hike in my life for sure, even if it was still partly cloudy (a sun sighting today!!!). Saw a black bear on the trail. He ran off down a hill and we got to watch him eating berries for a bit.

Now settling in to watch the new LOTR. Crossing my fingers that it’s at least watchable
Old 09-02-2022, 01:03 AM
Planar Protector

Played Hockey as I do every Thursday. Have my fourth triathlon of the summer on Sept 11th. School is back in session for me and my kids. I'm 80% through my Undergrad in CS. Looking forward to the routine of the school year. On day seven of complete sobriety, no weed, no booze. Feels good.
Old 09-08-2022, 05:38 PM
Fire Giant

Just saw Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock do stand up in Amsterdam. Was a whole big show with multiple openers including Amy Wong and Earthquake.

Rocks set I give a solid B+ to. It was funny, but he just talked about covid, trump, Biden, abortion, and other hot topics. He had good takes on it all, but then Dave came on and took us on a journey. He really is the goat.

Afterwards he brought on Talib Kweli and Yasiin Bey for a few songs to close out the night.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:15 AM
Banned

Stayed up late making a push to lev 54 after like 8 months at 53 (most of those spent not playing). I'm still in the same budget rags gear I bought from EC tunnelquest at level 15, but at least I got C2 now

....which immediately felt underwhelming but that's because I hype these things up too much in my mind. What sux is my hike tomorrow morn gonna be going on 4 hrs sleep now, performance will suffer a lil
Old 09-09-2022, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Grats on C2. C2 gets better at level 60 doesn't it?

GL on your hike.
Lost but not forgotten.