Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-09-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for the succinct and helpful summary

I think maybe we should all just add DSM to our ignore list and carry on discussing without him lol. Although the dude might go insane if he knows that no one is reading his novel length posts about how he's the only one who is right
Someone is really salty they lost the debate. Agreeing with nonsense is silly.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-09-2022 at 11:42 AM..
Old 09-09-2022, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You lost posting 700 times and refusing to stop until you have last word, hope that helps
Old 09-09-2022, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You lost posting 700 times and refusing to stop until you have last word, hope that helps
There are 800+ posts of just insults and memes from other users because people can't admit to being wrong, or have a civil conversation. Your own posts are included in this count. Hope this helps.

The real summary of the thread is everybody has agreed that in an Enchanter/Enchanter/Cleric group, the DPS of the fourth member is irrelevant.

When comparing Mages to Shamans, everybody has agreed the only benefit you get from a Mage is a little more DPS and CoTH if you need it.

At this point it is simply preference whether you prefer a small boost in DPS and CoTH over a Shamans broad toolkit that increases safety and opens up more camps. When looking at DPS break points, the extra DPS a Mage provides over a Shaman isn't really enough to get you additional spawns unless you play for long sessions. The difference in kill speed between 200 DPS and 230 DPS on Fungi King is 89 seconds vs. 77 seconds. For 12 seconds to actually give you another Fungi King spawn, you would need to kill Fungi King/PH 150 times in a single session.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-09-2022 at 12:01 PM..
Old 09-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I don't even know why people want a cleric in the group. Isn't a shaman's healing good enough in an all caster group?
Old 09-09-2022, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't even know why people want a cleric in the group. Isn't a shaman's healing good enough in an all caster group?
The main reason why you would want a Cleric is because charmed pets have a lot of HP in later levels. The level 49 Sebilis mob I was testing DPS on has at least 8000 HP. Having CH is really convenient for healing a pet quickly. Also, Torporing a pet will slow the pet, so they deal less damage. Torpor does work fine on healing the casters, since they do not melee the mobs anyway. The slow is irrelevant.

I agree with you though, you could probably just have a pocket cleric sitting around for Res and CH when needed. Just have the Shaman swap to the Cleric so the Enchanters don't lose their pets.

OP doesn't have a cleric in his group, he has a Necro and a Shaman. That will be good enough for any normal healing situation. It doesn't take long to heal a pet with Torpor or Necro heals in-between pulls, or waiting for respawns. If you are close to the mobs respawn point, you could also just break charm, lull, mem blur, and let the pet heal itself.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-09-2022 at 12:25 PM..
Old 09-09-2022, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are 800+ posts of just insults and memes from other users
Lol he's lumping posters together and attacking their post count again while ignoring his own being over 2x anyone else

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Do you like Trump? Because the only other person I know who like yourself can absolutely never admit when he's wrong is him.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol he's lumping posters together and attacking their post count again while ignoring his own being over 2x anyone else
I would much rather have 800 posts trying to have a civil discussion than 300 posts of just insults and memes. Throwing a temper tantrum because someone disagrees with you is just silly.
Old 09-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup that's the most absurd thing in this whole thread lol

"I have no life and posted 800 times because I'm too immature to admit when I'm wrong, but look if I add up the posts of like 5 other people they have the same number of posts as I do in this thread!"
Old 09-09-2022, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I would much rather have 800 posts trying to have a civil discussion than 300 posts of just insults and memes. Throwing a temper tantrum because someone disagrees with you is just silly.
Says the guy who posted 800 times because he doesn't like being wrong? That sounds like a pretty big temper tantrum to me....