Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-12-2022, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have not provided - and you cannot provide - evidence that others are being insulting and rude and that - by the same measure - DSM is not.
You can find insult(s) at DSM on just about every page. But why should I provide evidence, when DSM does, he just gets insulted more.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure what point you think you are making here, but thank you for confirming you would like to have DSM on your side to argue for infactual/incorrect positions that are contrary to reality, such as that the earth is flat.
I want someone who is open minded and takes time to question the norm with actual data. What harm is there in that.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

DSM? Open minded?

LOLE.jpg
Old 09-12-2022, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM? Open minded?

Attachment 18759
Old 09-12-2022, 01:17 PM
Fire Giant

Here's a brief summary of the past 250 pages:

WALL.jpg
Old 09-12-2022, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Why should anybody who is interested in discussing reality care about "different perspectives" when those perspectives are false such as that the earth is flat or that a Shaman will provide more DPS than a Mage in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group?
I'll shut up about DSM if you can find a single post where he says Shamans provide more DPS than a Mage. His point is it is not that big of a difference in DPS of Mage vs Shaman, plus you get all the extras a shaman provide over a mage. It's not that hard to understand what DSM is saying.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll shut up about DSM if you can find a single post where he says Shamans provide more DPS than a Mage. His point is it is not that big of a difference in DPS of Mage vs Shaman, plus you get all the extras a shaman provide over a mage. It's not that hard to understand what DSM is saying.
Thanks for the support. You are correct about my points.

In terms of Mage and Shaman DPS, they keep referring to when I discuss root/rotting.

A Shaman could match Mage DPS when root/rotting. Epic + 1x Bane of Nife per mob is 34 DPS over 90 seconds. If you are root/rotting 4 mobs, that is 136 DPS. With pet that is around 154 DPS. So you can get well into a Mage's DPS range under this situation.

They keep conflating the specific situation of root/rotting with me claiming Shamans generally do more DPS than a Mage, or Shamans out-DPS a Mage on a single target.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-12-2022 at 01:38 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a brief summary of the past 250 pages:

Attachment 18760
Probably closer to this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dh9511dh-bullying.jpg (19.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I simply posed a hypothetical question to you, I will repeat it here:

Why should anybody who is interested in discussing reality care about "different perspectives" when those perspectives are false such as that the earth is flat or that a Shaman will provide more DPS than a Mage in a high level fast-paced killing DPS group?

Are you going to answer the hypothetical question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They keep conflating the specific situation of root/rotting with me claiming Shamans generally do more DPS than a Mage, or Shamans out-DPS a Mage on a single target.
You have provided no evidence that "they keep conflating the specific situation of root/rotting with me claiming Shamans generally do more DPS than a Mage, or Shamans out-DPS a Mage on a single target".

You provided (irrelevant) data/logs of the specific situation of your Shaman root/rotting and your Shaman & pet DPS solo/not-in-a-4-caster/priest-DPS-group, which has been pointed out to you as irrelevant (multiple times by multiple posters) to the discussion because capturing/recording that data in a solo setting removes variables from the equation that exist - and are inescapable - in a group setting, and thus would affect your Shaman's DPS ("skew the data" in your own verbiage) when comparing solo vs group performance(s); your own posts (intentionally or otherwise) admit this hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You provided no (relevant) data, such as data collected in the specifically relevant/appropriate environment/context for this discussion (being in a high level fast-paced killing 4-man caster/priest DPS group). This really isn't hard. If you would like to provide relevant data the ball is in your court. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-12-2022 at 02:11 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
plus you get all the extras a shaman provide over a mage. It's not that hard to understand what DSM is saying.
"All the extras a Shaman provide" are simply less beneficial to an Enc/Enc/Cleric group consisting of players who are good at the game (as has been specified multiple times by multiple posters) than the extra DPS of Mage (as has been stated multiple times by multiple posters) for the reasons already stated (multiple times by multiple posters). And per his own admission these "benefits" are not used for majority of the mobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are also just being silly. You wouldn't cast Malo/Slow on mobs dying in 30 seconds, so I am not sure why you are even talking about that.
I am not sure why DSM's posts seemingly indicate that he believes that Shaman's (irrelevant) ability to Malo/Slow are worth mention in the context of a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, when by his own admission these "benefits" will not even be utilized for the vast majority of mobs being killed hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by cyxthryth; 09-12-2022 at 02:29 PM..