Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-12-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll shut up about DSM if you can find a single post where he says Shamans provide more DPS than a Mage. His point is it is not that big of a difference in DPS of Mage vs Shaman, plus you get all the extras a shaman provide over a mage. It's not that hard to understand what DSM is saying.
If you'd like to spend your time going back through his 900 posts in this thread to find the section where he was doing that, be my guest. It is there, it will just take you awhile to find. As someone who seems to have jumped back into the thread recently, it seems like it's on you to prove your point rather than tell everyone who sat in this thread for awhile watching DSM say that stuff that they need to find a quote to prove it to you.

Go find it, it's buried in his 900 posts because that's what he does. He makes different arguments and changes them when he begins to be proven wrong and then claims "I never said that" while knowing that someone is likely not going to go back through 900 posts lol
Old 09-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you'd like to spend your time going back through his 900 posts in this thread to find the section where he was doing that, be my guest. It is there, it will just take you awhile to find. As someone who seems to have jumped back into the thread recently, it seems like it's on you to prove your point rather than tell everyone who sat in this thread for awhile watching DSM say that stuff that they need to find a quote to prove it to you.

Go find it, it's buried in his 900 posts because that's what he does. He makes different arguments and changes them when he begins to be proven wrong and then claims "I never said that" while knowing that someone is likely not going to go back through 900 posts lol
You still haven't shown where it is. It should be trivial to find since you seem to remember it so clearly, and it bothers you so much. You made the claim, you need to prove it.

I know it doesn't exist since you think I claimed a Shaman with a Pet and Ice Strike is dealing more damage than a Mage. That is simply a fabrication of your mind.

Again, I know that you are simply thinking about my root/rot examples. A Shaman can output higher DPS in that specific scenario if they can root/rot enough mobs.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-12-2022 at 02:30 PM..
Old 09-12-2022, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Ya'll just keep feeding into DSM's Shaman bias and he's loving every minute of it. This is no different then when he tried to mathematically convince us that Ogres are the best shaman race at 60.

The facts are simple, shaman's are a great duo class due to their healing/utility. But in a bigger group with a cleric/enchanter involved, they simply are not needed. Torpor snare/slow sucks & should be avoided at all costs if you can help it.

The biggest use I've seen for a shaman when a cleric/enchanter are present was in a full group, where it was actually most efficient to have the shaman doing the pulling so the real dps could do its work and the shaman could at least heal themselves. But I'd much rather have a necro doing this pulling role, which luckily in this 4 man equation we can add them to the mix. Shadowbond can easily be used to supplement heals if needed if the cleric feels like being lazy and nuking hehe.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just because I am posting now doesn't mean I didn't actively read every page. There is no post where he says Shaman is better DPS than Mage.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because I am posting now doesn't mean I didn't actively read every page. There is no post where he says Shaman is better DPS than Mage.
So then you clearly didn't read every page... lol
Old 09-12-2022, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Still waiting for you to show where you think I said this.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Here is where DSM and I differ. I will give up here cause there is no point. You aren't going to provide the proof and continue to make snarky remarks. The person talking to the brick wall meme that whoever posted, you are proof of that.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:47 PM
Fire Giant

I won the parse! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-12-2022, 02:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allishia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won the parse! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You did! Your data is much better than Troxx's. I really appreciate it, thank you!
Old 09-12-2022, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Let's continue our civil discussion guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You wouldn't cast Malo/Slow on mobs dying in 30 seconds, so I am not sure why you are even talking about that.
According to DSM, you would not Malo/Slow mobs dying in 30 seconds. In the context of a high level fast-paced killing DPS group, this would presumably be most mobs.

What value does a Shaman add to Enc/Enc/Clr group over a Mage if the Shaman will (as has been irrefutably stated by DSM in this thread) not utilize Malo or Slow for most of the mobs the group is killing hehe? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]