Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-24-2022, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

I don't know, but I sure didn't feel like I "won" per se.

More like we made sure that insanity was quelled more than anything.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people are still circle-jerking and feeling proud about "winning" a pointless debate in a 2 word thread made by someone who admits to instigating such arguments just because you disagree with DSM 5 days after their last post.

What glory have you won? The gold medal of being "GOT EEEEM'D" harder than anyone else? Of being stubborn and indignant? Of confirmation bias? The post history will show that EQRP is the only victor and you all got baited hard. Honestly, this time around, I'm kind of impressed. It's just two words, and merely by the implications of "and go" you can tell that it's trolling. Congrats, EQRP. I got a laugh out of it.

See you next time, space cowboy.
Think you missed the point. He just moved to a different thread to make some of the same arguments he mad here lmao
Old 09-24-2022, 02:06 PM
Banned

totally not his forum alt acct guise
(lol)
Old 09-25-2022, 08:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Think you missed the point. He just moved to a different thread to make some of the same arguments he mad here lmao
Ehh.. Is that the point? I think the point you guys believe in is that DSM wasn't dissuaded by your arguments. My point has nothing to do with DSM at all. The true point is obvious based on the title and the OP post. I'll give both you & Gloomlord some credit for not spamming gifs like a literal child and instead using words like an adult, but still, there's no point to this thread. It's made to bait all of you. Evidenced clearly by "best" being the only thing to go off of. Best at what? When? What expansion? What intent?

And no, rhymlord, I'm not DSM. If I had to pick a "best" 4-caster group I'd say enchx2 clrx1 drux1 based on what a 'normal' group would normally face. Again, there's no concept of "best" and therefor normal reasoning would make druid superior unless you're assuming you live in a perfect world with no resists and all camps belong to you. If you really think you exist in some dimension of P99 where 3 enchanters aren't consuming far more than a single camp's worth of mobs then... idk what to tell you. I do know that you're wrong though, and that stability is superior. A third enchanter is worthless because you'd have no mobs to kill. Shaman would be 3rd or 4th on my pick-list, depending on scenario. But that's the troll, isn't it? There is no scenario. If there was an explained scenario druid probably wouldn't be my pick. Again, that's why it's a troll.

Oh heyyyyy EQRP /wave

Weird that they still don't comprehend the concept of trolling, right? Btw, I'm sub(?)consciously thinking of you as a Deadpool-level troll now. <3
Old 09-25-2022, 08:53 PM
Banned

hi DSM
(lol)
Old 09-25-2022, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ehh.. Is that the point? I think the point you guys believe in is that DSM wasn't dissuaded by your arguments. My point has nothing to do with DSM at all. The true point is obvious based on the title and the OP post. I'll give both you & Gloomlord some credit for not spamming gifs like a literal child and instead using words like an adult, but still, there's no point to this thread. It's made to bait all of you. Evidenced clearly by "best" being the only thing to go off of. Best at what? When? What expansion? What intent?

And no, rhymlord, I'm not DSM. If I had to pick a "best" 4-caster group I'd say enchx2 clrx1 drux1 based on what a 'normal' group would normally face. Again, there's no concept of "best" and therefor normal reasoning would make druid superior unless you're assuming you live in a perfect world with no resists and all camps belong to you. If you really think you exist in some dimension of P99 where 3 enchanters aren't consuming far more than a single camp's worth of mobs then... idk what to tell you. I do know that you're wrong though, and that stability is superior. A third enchanter is worthless because you'd have no mobs to kill. Shaman would be 3rd or 4th on my pick-list, depending on scenario. But that's the troll, isn't it? There is no scenario. If there was an explained scenario druid probably wouldn't be my pick. Again, that's why it's a troll.

Oh heyyyyy EQRP /wave

Weird that they still don't comprehend the concept of trolling, right? Btw, I'm sub(?)consciously thinking of you as a Deadpool-level troll now. <3
Sorry you're so late to this thread. Unfortunately it is now dead. Not sure why you're trying to resurrect it but I assure you everything has been discussed quite thoroughly and consensus has generally been reached. Your preferred 4 man group has merit. As with most things it's situational but druid could definitely make the cut in certain situations. The important thing is we all agree shaman isn't part of the best overall 4 man caster/priest group.
Old 09-25-2022, 09:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:

Oh heyyyyy EQRP /wave

Neither you nor DSM have provided the definitions for "troll"/"trolling" that you are using / the meaning you are intending to convey by your use of "troll"/"trolling".

For Keza and any other late-comers who need a catch-up or a reminder of what DSM has said & said to the contrary in this post (and then not not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute the fact that he posted, then simply posted to the contrary), reposting the current state of the discussion:

DSM simply has not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute the following:

DSM has repeatedly provided copy/pastes which simply do not contain any evidence or data of his Shaman performing DPS - or any other action/activity - in an environment/context/scenario that is (or would be) relevant to the discussion; hence his copy/pastes are irrelevant to this discussion.

While DSM is - seemingly - unable or unwilling to provide relevant evidence/data that supports his many claims/statements/positions (which change when he moves the goalposts & edits his posts), I have irrefutable proof of the following, which DSM has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self-evident - of DSM attempting to move the goalposts by bringing a 5th "pocket" character into his "arguments" (even though this is intended to be a civil discussion - not an argument) pertaining to the "Best 4 person all caster/priest group" discussion":

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP never said you couldn't have a pocket cleric. I am not sure why people keep thinking this is not a possible route to take. Between four people it would be trivial to level a cleric to 39. It is pretty common for people to make pocket clerics on P99.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM attempted to accuse others of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The post history is clear. You are now including cyxthryth to try and strengthen your https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum argument because you have nothing else. I find it highly amusing.
Here is my reply to DSM's attempt, in which I point out to him the irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - that DSM himself attempted - laughably - to claim (intentionally or otherwise) that https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum strengthened his argument when one (1) single other person seemed to agree with him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your post would seem to betray that you are aware that you have moved goalposts, because you are now attempting (disingenuously) to validate said goalpost-moving by stating that it is objectively true that the OP's post "is general" and that this somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts" by changing the basis of the discussion (from being about 4 priests/casters, to being about 4 priests/casters plus X amount of pocket Clerics, or other pocket classes). It is not objectively true that you are "not moving the goalposts" just because you and OP both agree that the OP's post "was general" and that that somehow means "you are not moving the goalposts". That is simply you - laughably - claiming you (and OP) are correct due to argumentum ad populum hehe. This really isn't hard.

Please clarify what you mean by stating OP's post "was general"?
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has claimed:

Quote:
Assuming your group plays correctly, you will DPS the same way every time, the same as if you were solo.
Quote:
I am very confident it won't change in a group scenario.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - that DSM has also claimed:

Quote:
in a group setting, there are too many variables out of your control that can skew the data
Quote:
Once you add in outside variables, that changes the DPS equation NOT because of what the class can do, but because of what other players are doing.
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post in which he claimed Troxx's numbers were way different from Allishia's:

Quote:
Also Allishia's numbers were way different from yours
Here is irrefutable proof/evidence - which cannot be refuted, and which is self evident - of DSM's post to Allishia when they provided their initial data in which he claimed Allishia's numbers were the same as Troxx's:

Quote:
Thanks for the data! I'll get the logs from you a bit later today. Just looking at it here, the numbers are the same as Troxx's data.
As I have repeatedly stated - it is not always clear to other posters what particular position/claim/"argument"(s) DSM is defending at any given time due to how often he has moved the goalposts & edited his posts.

For these reasons - which I have repeatedly stated - I am not sure which particular/specific belief/claim/stance/"argument"(s) that DSM is currently holding/defending/"arguing"; it would be helpful if he could elaborate/clarify/specify for the sake of civil discussion.

I am also not sure why DSM has continued to copy/paste his - irrelevant - data, after this exchange occured - which cannot be refuted & is visible and clear in the cleary visible post history - which DSM simply has as of yet not addressed/replied to/acknowledged/defended/challenged/attempted to refute:

Quote:
The reason why I am reposting the information is because the trolls are trying to hide the information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxthryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. The content of your post seems to include a claim that "the trolls" are trying to "hide the information". The first problem is that your post would seem to indicate that you believe that information will be "hidden" if additional posts are made - that is objectively false/incorrect DSM. Even if additional posts are made after a specific post, the post history is - and will remain - clear hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now that you have been advised and/or reminded of this irrefutable fact - which cannot be refuted - you should not need to continue to copy/paste to make sure your posts do not get "hidden" hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I am also not sure why your post(s) would seemingly indicate that you think that the particular data/information that you keep providing in your copy/pasted posts - which includes data/information of your Shaman's performance in an environment/context/scenario that is contrary to the environment/context/scenario relevant to this discussion, as has been pointed out to you multiple times by multiple posters - is somehow relevant to this discussion. It is not. It is simply irrelevant for reasons explained in multiple posts by multiple posters (including in this very post).
Again, DSM - of course - continues not to (directly) reply to me for some reason, and has continued to label me and/or my posts as "a troll"/"trolling", without providing the definition of "troll" / "trolling" that he is using (nor what he meant by stating that OP's post "was general"), and whilst providing zero evidence to support his claims of my being a troll/trolling.

The ball is in DSM's court if he has relevant, factual data to support his various positions/claims/"argument"(s) - and is willing to clarify which particular position/claim/argument(s) he currently holds/"argues", as they change when he moves goalposts or edits his posts - and/or if he would like to provide the definitions he is using for "troll"/"trolling", "nonsense", "silly", "vitriol", "new" and "win" for the sake of civil discussion hehe. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2022, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi DSM
(lol)
Lol I mean honestly I’m inclined to agree with you
Old 09-26-2022, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

I agree on best all-around being enc / enc / cleric / druid, and its what I suggested about 100 pages ago.
Old 09-26-2022, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh heyyyyy EQRP /wave

/wave

Wasn't trolling... just super casual player here asking general question. It's nice to hear opinions from general standpoint cause things are brought up that I would have never thought of. Since there isn't much perspective/viewpoints from casual folks, I will say that 3 chanters + cleric while arguably best for the average hardcore endgame player probably isn't best for casual. We currently have Shaman, Mage, Necro as our core. Enchanter dropped, but is leveling up Wiz instead.