Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea im so not interested in any developer streams where they puff a guaranteed-to-fail after the first 2 months game

its not even in alpha yet Lol its been 10 years, but im sure all the stay at home sons will have their money in and ready for early access so they can be the first kid on their street to have a full suit of rawhide armor and a hat with bunny ears jumping around in the starting town

Look at me i have nothing in the bank ! LOL
Cool cool. So, like, you’re not interested then?
Old 05-13-2020, 09:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona Vie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool cool. So, like, you’re not interested then?
He interested enough to make a post giving thoughts and feelings.
Old 05-13-2020, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

As far as pantheon goes, I am not sure why they are working as if time isn't a factor. Your target audience is slowly aging/dying and the technology is dated.

At this point, I don't think crowd funded games can work. Star Citizen has raised like a quarter of a billion and somehow still needs to sell off some of their equity?

These devs have no one to answer to and people will continue to donate so expect plenty more release date extensions.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:51 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't true, that analogy doesn't work, and it's "sank"...as in, EQNext sank in an ocean of tears. And now the realization sinks in. If you hadn't sunk so much money into Vanguard, you might be less pessimistic about Pantheon now.
Spent $100 for a preorder, played the first month, then unsubscribed, so barely anything. Or if you count me trying it out months later when I had all access SoE account, but that lasted about a day or two before I uninstalled it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as pantheon goes, I am not sure why they are working as if time isn't a factor. Your target audience is slowly aging/dying and the technology is dated.

At this point, I don't think crowd funded games can work. Star Citizen has raised like a quarter of a billion and somehow still needs to sell off some of their equity?

These devs have no one to answer to and people will continue to donate so expect plenty more release date extensions.
Bingo. On top of this, the MMO genre has been on a steady decline since 2010. Unless you're a major franchise or well renowned developer, your chances are dead in the water.
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 05-27-2020 at 08:59 PM..
Closed Thread