Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 02:38 PM
Banned

56k with with random dc in chip software and 480X640 and book med
Old 10-27-2017, 03:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice UI... were you playing on live? It doesn't even resemble classic anymore. haha
Old 10-27-2017, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by stront [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not bad ideas! To add - How about a lowest number major raid target (AoW/Vulak/Tunare/VP) thread?
I actually approve of this idea far more than any solo artist challenge thread. There's too much imbalance that can't be compensated between classes without a huge amount of clickies (and even with clickies there's still huge imbalance) for any real competition to be had between solo artists.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree - the original 'Solo Artist Challenge' I used to complain shoulda been renamed to the 'Enchanter/Shaman' Challenge bc most of the list required you to be either class to attempt

What we need is some kind of thread where Warriors, rogues, druids, wizards, necromancers, bards, shadowknights, paladins, magicians, rangers, monks are all able to share stories of soloing various monsters albeit whats difficult for one class may be trivial for another but thats why the original list was so bias and unfun for anyone but enchanters.

WTB Lists for other classes or at least stories from other classes so a bar can be set.

Do not bring back Enchanter Solo Challenge unless we call it what it is !
Aren't you in the same guild as the monk that solo'd Emp Chottal recently? Emp was one of the highest ranked mobs on the original SAC list.

A solo Druid was one of the "Grandmasters", only 4 people were higher than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowmercy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was going to skip through most of the video but your youtube name sold me on watching it straight through. Good stuff.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Then set your own goals for other classes. For example, if the challenge is: Who can kill the most XP mobs per hour the answer is probably bard.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't you in the same guild as the monk that solo'd Emp Chottal recently? Emp was one of the highest ranked mobs on the original SAC list.

A solo Druid was one of the "Grandmasters", only 4 people were higher than that.
My post has nothing to do with this - I was saying if someone were to write up a new challenge, it would be refreshing it wasnt so enchanter centric.

Dats all
Old 10-27-2017, 08:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice UI... were you playing on live? It doesn't even resemble classic anymore. haha
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=232071 & Gina
Old 10-27-2017, 10:19 PM
Sarnak

I don't think there's any need to try and favor classes that are less good at solo'ing. Everyone was really impressed by the druid on the original SAC list.

If you're a class that's less good at solo'ing it'll be labeled as such and people will be more impressed even if you're at a lower tier. Same goes for clickies, just label it clearly like in the first SAC and people will use their own mind when going over the achievements to realize which ones were most impressive to them.

The first shaman or enchanter to do something is a fun read, but after that you're just hoping for write up's of other mobs or other classes. As a fanboy that is.
Old 11-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwoneo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually approve of this idea far more than any solo artist challenge thread. There's too much imbalance that can't be compensated between classes without a huge amount of clickies (and even with clickies there's still huge imbalance) for any real competition to be had between solo artists.
Already done.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=257596
Closed Thread