Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Large Bat

Default Gargoyle Eye's still viable for farming?

Hello,

I am a new player and am currently a 19 mage. I'm looking to start farming some platinum when I hit 20 and saw a couple farming guides saying to farm gargoyles at level 20 since their eyes are work 9-10pp. I came across another thread saying they might have been nerfed as he only sold them for 4pp? Others were saying it depends on the vendor.

Is this true are they still worth 9-10pp but you just have to sell to the correct vendor?

Thank you
Old 10-23-2017, 07:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasarth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello,

I am a new player and am currently a 19 mage. I'm looking to start farming some platinum when I hit 20 and saw a couple farming guides saying to farm gargoyles at level 20 since their eyes are work 9-10pp. I came across another thread saying they might have been nerfed as he only sold them for 4pp? Others were saying it depends on the vendor.

Is this true are they still worth 9-10pp but you just have to sell to the correct vendor?

Thank you
Depends on vendor they typically should sell for 9-10pp.

I think farming other items are easier and more lucrative tbh.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

Can confirm they sell for 9-10p on regular merchant (having just looted a bunch in MM and selling in lfay). 4p on greedy merchant probably.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:38 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Depends on vendor they typically should sell for 9-10pp.

I think farming other items are easier and more lucrative tbh.
What other spots would be doable for an untwinked 20 mage?
Old 10-23-2017, 08:46 AM
Banned

9pp each to Ellona (BB) as an Iksar NEC
Can solo them at OoT
Old 10-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Orc

I did this quite a bit as a necro in OOT. The biggest benefit imo is low weight and stackable. There is other cash out there via FS weapons but hard to cart around as a caster. Not going to get rich but a good way to fund spells.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Sarnak

If you exp in MM and get grps u definitely can make some good pp looting them. There’s better things to loot but still is nice to take if there.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Lightstones, greater lightstones from wisps that you can turn in for XP or sell to players for quest. They can sell for 3-5pp for regular LS and 10pp for greater lightstones to players.

The greater lightstones give xp and a tome in return that sells for 9-10pp. It takes up 1 container slot, so if you do that quest leave at least one slot open so the tome can be sold easily from your inventory to the gypsy vendor.

You can farm bears for HQ bear pelts, they sell for 30pp.

Spider silks from EK off the Crag Spiders they drop mass number of silks, you could sell them in bulk for money or work your tailoring up so you can make 10 slot bags and sell those for 60pp each.

**If you farmed HQ bear pelts, you could use them for the 10 slot bags you can make once you get tailoring up.**

Warrens is awesome XP from 20-24, and its not the best money, but some weapons from kobolds and armors do sell for 1-6pp each, you also get faction that enables you to buy a Hole key from Paineel if you stay long enough in Warrens.

If you like that spot, head into Stonebrunt and kill more kobolds at the camps right next to the Warrens zoneline; this will drop more weapons and armors, as well as give more faction for Paineel. Stonebrunt is good from 24-30 at kobold camps.

Once you are 24-26 lvl you ought to be able to kill Sisters on sisters island, the best money camp for that level. The weapons sell for 10pp per, and a vendor sells to nearly everyone especially good races, it's a dwarf vendor.

These sisters are 2 in a hut, they are great xp and the money is unbeatable.

If someone is camping sister hut, ask if you can kill the sisters at dock and on the beach, they don't drop the weapons but still drop some loot and also are great xp. That way, you aint stuck on the island with nothing to do.

You can also head around sister island and kill dwarfs, I forget their lvls tbh though, think they similar as the sisters.

basically I would suggest pushing your levels, the plats will come much easier as you are higher in level.

As a mage you lack the ability to port and make it easy to find good cash spots so I'd find one good spot, and stick with it to get levels.

Once you are 30+ there are more money places to XP and gain plats.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:35 AM
Sarnak

Someone needs to make a guide for level 19s and level 20.. It's 8:40AM in the morning and already seen 4 people ask where to go at 19 and 20 lol.
Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 AM
Planar Protector

If only there was some sort of ultimate leveling while making money guide on the wiki.....
Closed Thread