Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmakos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
despite the fact that this server is going to go all the way up to Planes of Power, it feels wayyyy more classic due to the classic UI. my human is blind as hell at night. there are no item links. there is no damage message for each DOT tick. etc. etc. etc.

and no in-game maps still BTW.
Yea the client they have has far more classic things. Item linking does work with the Luclin UI though.

No /hidecorpses looted.
No scrollwheel to 3rd person
The original UI is available in all its glory by changing a line in your eq client.ini file.
Darkness is legit and light sources matter.

People can complain about 3-boxing all they want. But eventually in EQ mobs require more than some neckbeards. And hopefully this server follows the original in that neckbeards don't drive it like they do here. A man can dream.

I just love me some PoP so I'll be on the server playing and hope they release expansions quickly(ish).
Old 01-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

ah i've been using the velious UI, since the place i got the client from had replaced all the default UI files with custom crap.

speaking of -- does anyone have a copy of the original /uifiles/default/ folder for EQMac? would greatly appreciate if i could somehow get it.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

As slow as lvling is while boxing I hope they release content fairly slowly lol. I am far from a neckbeard anymore and playtime pretty limited. But, with no manastones or rubicite etc to rush for there isn't so much pressure on the casual player at server launch...which is nice.
Old 01-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

exp is moving pretty steady for me. there is a a big difference between killing dark blues and killing yellows. i've mostly been kiting with my necro for big kills. get about 4-8% exp for killing a yellow or a low red.

with no int gear it eats a whole mana bar per kill, but its still worth it.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Yea...im running bard/beastlord/druid so once i get my pet and a few spell sets i should start doing much better xp wise. Just pretty painful to start with lol.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

i've been doing some really ghetto two box kiting tactics with my necro/pally duo. killed fippy darkpaw at level 2 by setting necro to autrorun and having him hold agro with disease cloud, and had my paladin running behind meleeing him down with a rusty scimitar.

was pretty epic tbph. would have worked much better if i'd had a druid for snare.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Kobold

What is with these nerds crying about boxing? Did none of you morons play live? Boxing happened on the regular.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:36 PM
Planar Protector

play with real people or play by myself sounds a lot like any red box before project, also I don't play blue
Old 01-02-2015, 09:23 PM
Kobold

What's the population like on this server?
Old 01-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Planar Protector

Default New server

I would like to see a server that once they release the next expansion old content becomes PVP for anyone level 50, and added to epic quest is the requirement of having to have 100 PVP kills. Which could only be done in old world. So when kunark releases Norrath becomes PVP for level 50+. The only way to unflag PVP is complete your epic or 100 PVP kills and achieve level 60 or de level to 49. PVP death includes experience loss, and you cannot kill the same PVPer more then 1x per 24 hours.
Last edited by Blitzers; 01-02-2015 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Closed Thread