Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2021, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, the business owners outsourcing living costs and welfare responsibilities to slaves by making them self owned was a genius move.
I wouldn't expect an Englishman to recognize freedom if it bit him like one of your famous eel pies.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not English and I am an American. And I pretty much agree with Jimjam.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, the business owners outsourcing living costs and welfare responsibilities to slaves by making them self owned was a genius move.
It wasn't that genius, because they have to simulate a market crash every decade to put them back on the plantation, which causes an unnecessary hardship for most, and inadvertently places their own at risk of falling out of the social stratosphere if one generation shirks the educational responsibility.

It also provides an avenue for upward mobility, if you can read between the lines and crack the DaVinci Code while they're circling the wagons, so to speak.

If you're willing to make the necessary sacrifices during the moments of contraction, that is.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Can I please agree with both Jimjam and Gwaihir?
Old 02-22-2021, 02:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It wasn't that genius, because they have to simulate a market crash every decade to put them back on the plantation, which causes an unnecessary hardship for most, and inadvertently places their own at risk of falling out of the social stratosphere if one generation shirks the educational responsibility.
nah br0, the real stratosphere is totally passive income and permawealth. Only breaks if nations collapse and currencies aren't shuffled proper, like on a thousand-year scale. Those who can fall out of the lower atmosphere aren't the powerful.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
A ‘debt crisis’ is not really a crisis of debt, but more a sign that the economy’s production of value can no longer support the previous illusion of wealth. The chronic nature of the current crisis, with persistently low rates of growth compared to earlier decades, is another sign that the game is up.
capitalism's dying, cloud.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
capitalism's dying, cloud.
I would say let it die but I know in my heart that you women will just bitch about something else, that is all you are good for.

Be some shit if it manages to hang around for 1,000 years and there are 1,000 little zodiums and the like running around.. grinding their collective dry vaginas on the pole.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would say let it die but I know in my heart that you women will just bitch about something else, that is all you are good for.

Be some shit if it manages to hang around for 1,000 years and there are 1,000 little zodiums and the like running around.. grinding their collective dry vaginas on the pole.
Coconut oil. So good topically. Invest now.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Over time, perhaps many years, the rate of profit will thus tend to fall. As it does so, the capitalist system becomes more prone to crises. Companies may earn more or less than the average rate of profit, but, as the average drops, more of them come closer to making a loss. Even if their rate of profit is still positive, the amount of profit they make might be insufficient to provide them with the funds necessary to invest in the new technology they need to stay competitive.

There are two consequences of this long-term trend to lower profitability. One is that profit becomes a specifically capitalist barrier to improving productivity, or even to producing anything at all. What is produced is not determined by what society decides democratically or by what science is capable of engineering. It is only a question of whether an investment will make a profit, not a question of delivering what society needs with the resources it has available. This Marxist indictment of capitalism is more fundamental than those criticisms that focus on monopolistic barriers to production or on how the struggle for ownership and control of the world’s resources can lead to war.

The second consequence is that, as it becomes more difficult to generate a profit via capitalist production, ‘making money’ via finance begins to look like the easier option, particularly for those countries in a privileged position to take it. This was the context for the huge explosion of financial dealing from the 1980s, the seeds of which were sown in the 1970s as the world capitalist economy came under serious strain. The financial illusion of creating value out of nothing, particularly by extending credit, can work for a while. But when there is insufficient new value produced on which the illusion can feed, the world is then confronted with an increased burden of debts that cannot be repaid.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperiouskitten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah br0, the real stratosphere is totally passive income and permawealth. Only breaks if nations collapse and currencies aren't shuffled proper, like on a thousand-year scale. Those who can fall out of the lower atmosphere aren't the powerful.
No. Look at Aaron Burr. It happens, it's just safeguarded against, in most cases, by educating offspring to not let ego rule.
Closed Thread