Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-02-2021, 12:51 AM
Kobold

I've never needed anything more than running in XP compatibility mode to solve the camp crashing. Have you tried not using WinEQ? or do you have one of those CPUs that requires it?
Old 02-02-2021, 04:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've never needed anything more than running in XP compatibility mode to solve the camp crashing. Have you tried not using WinEQ? or do you have one of those CPUs that requires it?
I went to EQWin because of the constant crashes to begin with, I have 3 monitors and it just never sat right. Anytime I opened another application, or I opened another game, freeze at best or outright crash. I used EQWin and still crashed. I paid the yearly fee and for borderless and it worked. I went ahead and cancelled that.

I experienced hitching on my bard when I would swarm kite over a certain amount of mobs. Resizing the text window to nothing where my songs landing was the only way to minimize it, it still did it. Shutting off spell effects didn’t work, deleting my log to have a fresh one didn’t work. Turning off logging had the same affect as minimizing the window so I just set up my GINA triggers to do it that way. Tested it yesterday with everything up and on like normal player would do and zero hitching/hesitation. Didn’t drop any frames at all.

What are your specs? I’m wondering if it’s different versions of the game downloaded, like maybe one source is providing corrupted files, or newer systems struggle in certain areas. Or just certain pieces of hardware struggle with it.
Catchdeez Handssson - 55 Monk
Old 02-02-2021, 05:15 AM
Kobold

Intel Core i7 5930K 3.5 GHz (Haswell)
64GB @ 902 MHz
ASRock X99X Killer
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 (previously 1060 also was fine)
512GB NVMe Samsung SSD 950
Windows 10 Pro

Using the torrent version like most people. Could be a corrupt file for you though... worth trying re-downloading.
Old 02-02-2021, 10:28 AM
Aviak

I would say corrupt file if these recent changes didn't work. It also fixed the hitching/hesitating I would get on my bard when swarm kiting.

Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz
16GB ram
Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080Ti
1TB Samsung SSD 970 Evo
Windows 10

I ran into another person that had a 2080Ti that had the same issue as me awhile back, sadly I forgot who it was to reach out to them to check some stuff. There has been conflicting information that I talked to folks in game that it isn't anything to do with hardware.

Do you use more then one monitor?
Old 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecel__Soulhealer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I also recommend updating the existing CPUAffinity lines:
CPUAffinity0=-1
CPUAffinity1=-1
CPUAffinity2=-1
CPUAffinity3=-1
CPUAffinity4=-1
Where do I find these lines? I didn't see them in my eqclient.ini
Old 05-01-2021, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you have to add it, is not there by default anymore i don't think
Old 05-04-2021, 11:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Technical/Affinity

This is what I ended up using, but Shawn is also correct. It isn’t in there, you have to add it in just like the .DLL line.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:29 AM
Aviak

My laptop was getting a blue screen of death early into p99 sessions daily, if not more. The laptop was getting on in age, so I upgraded last week and the same issue continues happening.

I've tried wineq2 and now tried running the exe in service pack 3, but I'm still getting blue screens of death.

One pattern I'm noticing is the blue screens often happen early in a session, and after the restart happens, it doesn't happen again. Could this have something to do with the laptop going in and out of sleep mode? When it blue screens and restarts, it hasn't been in sleep mode by the time I fire up p99, and doesn't seem to ever blue screen twice in a row after the first restart.

The blue screen of death never happens on my desktop, and I put it to sleep instead of powering down most nights, so I'm a bit confused.