Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-29-2021, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking good shawk!
Do you recall how to get the Character Screen to be the Defaulted to a UI? So when you log in from Server it goes to Character Screen of the UI being used not the default. I notice your Velious UI mod does it.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you recall how to get the Character Screen to be the Defaulted to a UI? So when you log in from Server it goes to Character Screen of the UI being used not the default. I notice your Velious UI mod does it.
nm figured it out - and for those who don't like ass backwards figuring out of things too..

its a naming convention thing, velious is forced on blue and green as far as UISkin="" is concerned in the EQClient.ini

blue just allows modding of individual char.ini files but it will force back once your load the server's char select screen from the eqclient.ini, then once you load a character it forces the character's .ini UISkin="" again.

reason i am saying this is it didn't use to be like this so if anyone in future has this issue know that UISkin="" in EQClient.ini is not modifiable and is the thing that is forced to be velious on Blue and Green.

work around is renaming your folder of your ui to velious but on green you need no dependencies elsewhere, so you need all the files in the velious folder, don't have any dependencies or parent directories that your mod is dependent on, like default directory.

my next question is how much do the admins hate this? i am aloud to convert the green UI and also am I aloud to "improve" the current velious UI? I notice some things are offset wrong etc.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

ediot*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it will force back once you load the server. while playing from char to char it's fine but once you have to load the server after game shuts down, it loads the velious over default again if that bool:true from /loadskin input, else it will just go with default, writing those changes to all your .ini files