Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2021, 11:13 AM
Skeleton

Sometimes,I visit my dad and we like to play together like the old days. We do this maybe one week out of the year, and we have been given a boxing test once. We passed obviously but this would lead me to believe it's not just loosly enforced.
Old 05-02-2021, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

It is enforced but how can you enforce someones "brother" parking a toon in ec and then popping in to buff/port/bank whatever thr fuck for 5 minutes with no witnesses and then going back to ec . Or sitting in a different zone and hopping around helping out other people they are boxing just its not obvious and completely unenforceable. It's always going to be a problem that can't be fixed

Even if they're was no ip exemptions people will use vpn its totally unenforceable
Old 05-02-2021, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

5307 EQ members total, information is displayed directly on THIS website.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is enforced but how can you enforce someones "brother" parking a toon in ec and then popping in to buff/port/bank whatever thr fuck for 5 minutes with no witnesses and then going back to ec . Or sitting in a different zone and hopping around helping out other people they are boxing just its not obvious and completely unenforceable. It's always going to be a problem that can't be fixed

Even if they're was no ip exemptions people will use vpn its totally unenforceable
I don't really mind at this point the game is 22 years old. A lot of these guys will offer free buffs to others, so it's not exactly antisocial. Take it as a sign of the games age.

I wonder what pantheon will be like.

I want to make an elf simulator, not sure how I would stop boxing. But I would create a player run elf court so they could deal with it communally when it gets out of hand.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Ya same here. Couldn't give a fuck less i think it's funny they have to sneak around and hope no one rats them out. At least staff makes effort and it's not obvious. Props to the staff
Old 05-02-2021, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

It's not the games age, its a trait of humanity. Don't expect it to change. The internet is a toxic wasteland.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Your character needs to be tied to your social security number somehow that's the best way probably. The government exists because humans are dirty little shitbags
Old 05-02-2021, 01:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your character needs to be tied to your social security number somehow that's the best way probably. The government exists because humans are dirty little shitbags
Agreed, but I have been privileged 2 know some great bros.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

To a certain extent yes but there are also ways that situations like that can be flagged. If the accounts have ever been logged in on the same IPs and computer (not at the same time obviously) you can probably assume those chars are being boxed at some point. Of course that probably take a lot of time and resources to sift through and these people are volunteers.
Old 05-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Planar Protector

Everyone has multiple old pc, laptop that easily run eq.
Everyone has multiplr phones to hotspot or vpn easily.
Everyone likely has atleast 1 brain cell and 0 integrity

The bar to enter is extremely low that why it is a probleM

There is no way to fix the problem you can only chase the losers around and ban accounts and the staff here does a great job of it
Closed Thread