Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2021, 02:10 AM
Large Rat

Default Green vs Blue

Coming back to p99 and i'm having trouble deciding between the two servers. Is it silly to start fresh on blue atm?
On one hand i feel like things would be less contested on blue, on the other i don't want leveling or finding groups to be an issue.
anyone who maybe has or had characters on both able to chime in and give me some feedback?
Old 05-01-2021, 11:52 AM
Kobold

The only downside of Blue is less people to group with under 40. Other than that, its super easy to get very good gear, if you tell people you're new someone will hook you up with a decent set. Once you get to 40 you'll be able to find groups from 40-60 without too much trouble.

Green is alot more crowded, especially at lower levels, and there isn't the same gear inflation. You'll be using inferior gear and things will be alot slower. Also, you'll have stuff like hybrid XP penalty, there isn't a port to Surefall Glades, etc. etc.

You could have fun with either option, it honestly depends on how much you like to solo vs group for low level content.
Old 05-01-2021, 02:00 PM
Banned

Green is the more organic experience.

Blue is slightly more synthetic.

Both are fine.

Green is more competitive, but also more social. And ppl will run bye and buff and help u.
Old 05-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

I recently leveled a warrior from 1 into the low 30s on blue after having not spent time at those levels in about 2 years; groups were easy to find during prime time in the normal xp highway zones. Outside of prime time they were harder to come by.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Blue is a gentleman’s server, green is also good
Old 05-02-2021, 07:30 PM
Fire Giant

green if you want hordes of sweaty/unbathed neckbeards perma camping every good loot spot / blue if you want to sometimes not be able to find a group but can go camp what you want to camp
Old 05-03-2021, 07:06 AM
Planar Protector

the easy answer is blue unless you are hardcore (not a good look in 2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Green in one instance: If you go to the willow wisp island in Erud's Crossing to farm some greater light stones, there is probably a high level there monopolizing all the spawns because they can make 100 plat an hour or whatever instead of leveling.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:30 PM
Skeleton

I just started a few weeks ago on Blue and have not tried Green so somewhat bias opinion. I also played back in the 1999-2000's and know what grouping was like back then having a main cleric and a twink in every slot available. Grouping on Blue has been hit or miss, but every zone I've hit there have been people my level or within a few levels one way or another and most willing to group up. I currently have a level 16 Bard and am in unrest. I had a bard back in the day too, i'm not part of the swarm lovers club (yet). Almost everyday i log in it's not hard to find you've been hit by a run by buffing or even to the point of i've had a high level chanter/druid/shaman just sit by me and buff/heal me for most of my sessions. Gear, i've had a tentacle whip and some ring mail handed to me, so i wouldnt say you'll be raid ready by handouts, but it's still nice to see a helpful community.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:43 AM
Planar Protector

Now that Kunark has been out for a while there isn't a huge difference in the servers anymore except Green will have more low level players.

If you actually prefer to solo but like the option of groups too, then Blue is the better choice. If you want to group all the way to 60 then Green is probably better.
Closed Thread