Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 03:46 PM
Large Bat

Default Characters appear like shadowed men

So I just got a new computer and reinstalled P99. It was fine the first day, just had to redo the hotkeys on all my toons. However the 2nd day my toons appear and function like shadowed men, aka enchanter pets. I uninstalled and reinstalled p99 and after adjusting admin permissions to get it to start, I was able to get on p99 but again my characters appear like shadowed men. I can play normally except it is incredibly dark at night and my greater lightstone doesn't work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXDEsJLaimU&t
Old 05-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Fire Giant

Try changing to the new models? in the startup screen options, just change everything see if you can fix it basically trial and error until you find something that fixes it, then you know where to go from there. Could be a s3d file got corrupt somehow or moved. A fresh install worth trying too, Just install to a new directory so you have 2 Everquest directories, transfer the p99 patch into it and try that.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Banned

chances are you got the wrong installation

this has happened before to other people on here so I recommend looking for other

""""links""""" on the internet for the titanium discs
Old 05-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Try changing to the new models? in the startup screen options, just change everything see if you can fix it basically trial and error until you find something that fixes it, then you know where to go from there. Could be a s3d file got corrupt somehow or moved. A fresh install worth trying too, Just install to a new directory so you have 2 Everquest directories, transfer the p99 patch into it and try that.
I tried switching models back and forth, sadly didn't work. I'll give reinstalling another shot, though that'll be a last resort since it was so hectic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
chances are you got the wrong installation

this has happened before to other people on here so I recommend looking for other

""""links""""" on the internet for the titanium discs
I installed using this method. Had no issue back on my old computer but maybe its outdated? https://wiki.project1999.com/Everque...allation_Guide
Old 05-03-2021, 04:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried switching models back and forth, sadly didn't work. I'll give reinstalling another shot, though that'll be a last resort since it was so hectic.

I installed using this method. Had no issue back on my old computer but maybe its outdated? https://wiki.project1999.com/Everque...allation_Guide
no its not the method you used but rather the files you had

the models must be incorrect so you are gonna have to look for different cds
Old 05-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Large Bat

I got the cds from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MZ...52Pxa-GL0NwvrZ and it worked just fine for my brother
Old 05-03-2021, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got the cds from here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MZ...52Pxa-GL0NwvrZ and it worked just fine for my brother
yeah it should work then

I recommend just reinstalling it and see if that works

make sure to run it on compatibility mode
Old 05-03-2021, 06:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah it should work then

I recommend just reinstalling it and see if that works

make sure to run it on compatibility mode
I redownloaded the CDs incase it was corrupted the first time around. I just don't know how to mount on Windows 10
Old 05-03-2021, 06:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I redownloaded the CDs incase it was corrupted the first time around. I just don't know how to mount on Windows 10
try out daemon tools lite

its what most people are using
Old 05-03-2021, 07:01 PM
Large Bat

Just reinstalled everything, i'm still getting shadowed men