Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just reinstalled everything, i'm still getting shadowed men
Mac? PC? Not a VM or something?

HDD? SSD? M.2?

Id check hardware now, seems more a memory issue as it isn't loading what it has in memory properly.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mac? PC? Not a VM or something?

HDD? SSD? M.2?

Id check hardware now, seems more a memory issue as it isn't loading what it has in memory properly.
Its a PC with SSD and Windows 10. Just tried loading from an alternate harddrive and got shadowed men there too. I can def rule that it has something to do with the new computer.
Last edited by Wendelena; 05-03-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Old 05-03-2021, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its a PC with SSD and Windows 10
might be worth to just swap in another vid card or run off on-board video to check if maybe its a "too good" of a gpu kind of thing for old game to handle.

Either way If it is Nvidia have you tried going to NVIDIA control panel and changed some of the program specific setting?

Shader Cache, Texture Filtering, Negative LOD bias, Virtually pre-rendered frames. Make sure not running off on-board motherboard video etc as EQ in general seems to need everything manually done. If its a really new GPU might be new tech etc.

Does your FPS seem laggy in game otherwise?

maybe some sort of virtual memory storage and not getting what is stored back properly so not displaying it but thinking it did so your not crashing
Old 05-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
might be worth to just swap in another vid card or run off on-board video to check if maybe its a "too good" of a gpu kind of thing for old game to handle.

Either way If it is Nvidia have you tried going to NVIDIA control panel and changed some of the program specific setting?

Shader Cache, Texture Filtering, Negative LOD bias, Virtually pre-rendered frames. Make sure not running off on-board motherboard video etc as EQ in general seems to need everything manually done. If its a really new GPU might be new tech etc.

Does your FPS seem laggy in game otherwise?

maybe some sort of virtual memory storage and not getting what is stored back properly so not displaying it but thinking it did so your not crashing
Unfortunately video card swapping isn't an option since I got a new computer specifically for all my games. No FPS lag issues in any of them so far. I'm looking into the latter as i'm typing this.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Unfortunately video card swapping isn't an option since I got a new computer specifically for all my games. No FPS lag issues in any of them so far. I'm looking into the latter as i'm typing this.
ya for eqgame.exe Low Latency Mode on is good too. I know a lot of games screw up cause your GPU goes into 500FPS or something while loading in the menus then it falls to 60 FPS and has weird errors loading things like that, mainly just for physics based stuff though, also max frame rate etc may as well be capped for 60fps or something cause p99 server are capped at 60 fps

running off onboard video might tell you if it is the card, then you can play with it know then that it is
Old 05-03-2021, 07:49 PM
Large Bat

I just installed some kind of game driver in NVIDIA and it worked! Seems too good to be true lol. Thanks for all your help everyone
Old 05-04-2021, 01:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I just installed some kind of game driver in NVIDIA and it worked! Seems too good to be true lol. Thanks for all your help everyone
Good to hear