Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the secret sauce for Capitalism is Christian values and if you remove those you get the Blade Runner version.
The problem with our present dystopia boils down to a lack of neon lights.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The system is pretty clearly rigged for those who already have money. An increase in capital gains taxes will help rectify some of the disparity and I am absolutely loving the poor holding out and realizing they shouldn't have to accept jobs that pay poverty wages. I'm really hoping unions make a strong come back now that everyone is realizing the peanuts they thought they were given before were only empty shells. I also love how people say corporations arent people when it comes to paying taxes, but they are in terms of writing legislation. Big laugh.
Unions are trash and they aren't needed. The game is rigged for people with money, sure. The game is also rigged for people who get off their ass and work hard. The system really favors intellect and risk taking.

The beauty is you can make money money that your dad, then your kid does the same and viola! Now your kids start with money and have advantages. Sorry that your parents were trash and you don't see the way out.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gg.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unions are trash and they aren't needed. The game is rigged for people with money, sure. The game is also rigged for people who get off their ass and work hard. The system really favors intellect and risk taking.

The beauty is you can make money money that your dad, then your kid does the same and viola! Now your kids start with money and have advantages. Sorry that your parents were trash and you don't see the way out.
Unions are trash, you're right. Having 40 hour work weeks, overtime, sick days, vacation, wrongful termination, OSHA safety standards, paternity and maternity leave, retirement plans, child labor laws, those are all stupid things. What a brilliant take.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-05-2021, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrddraal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Unions are trash, you're right. Having 40 hour work weeks, overtime, sick days, vacation, wrongful termination, OSHA safety standards, paternity and maternity leave, retirement plans, child labor laws, those are all stupid things. What a brilliant take.
Who pays for all that?
Old 05-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was in a Union once, the only thing it did is protect shit workers. Those shit workers who aren't dealt with pass the onus onto the other non-shit workers.

Here is a gem I heard from some union tradesmen

FatherSioux "What are we up to today?"

UnionSlobs "As little as I can for as long as it takes"
Old 05-05-2021, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

To the poor; life and these times are so hard
And it's getting even harder tryna feed and water my seed, plus
Teeter totter, caught up between bein' a good husband and a father

If I stay in one spot, I won't amount
But race and education always count me out
Doomed to end up in jail or shot

F'it rob the rich; cuz with Republicans in power helping programs, I am without.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who pays for all that?
People like Bezos. Who could clearly spare some more. Unions are great. It saddened me that Amazon didn't unionize.
Ielwenu - 56 magician
Deeloofie - 49 monk
Old 05-05-2021, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the secret sauce for Capitalism is Christian values and if you remove those you get the Blade Runner version.
christian... values... are you fucking kidding?
Old 05-05-2021, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrekt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
christian... values... are you fucking kidding?
Who needs collective bargaining when you've got Christ on your side?
Closed Thread