Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2021, 11:51 PM
Orc

mages getting nerfed is basically as classic as it gets. and then un nerfed, then re nerfed, why do you need the term nerf stick was invented. it literally stems from classic eq devs trying to "fix" mages.

they never could. and never will be able to this day. you either make them to weak, or to powerful. there is no way to fix it without totally revamping the class.

You can literally cite any of 30 mage "fixes" to counter the one they just made. lol. go find them.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:11 AM
Planar Protector

58 damage seems reasonable, whats the issue here
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-08-2021, 03:49 AM
Aviak

They hit for 56 at level 49, thats the issue. Mages were indeed OP in classic, but not nearly as much in kunark.. Seems awfully harsh to kick them as they were already spiraling towards complete irrelevancy in velious before this.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by damus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They hit for 56 at level 49, thats the issue. Mages were indeed OP in classic, but not nearly as much in kunark.. Seems awfully harsh to kick them as they were already spiraling towards complete irrelevancy in velious before this.
Surprise-changes are rarely fun. I really wish devs would let players in the loop more what they’re thinking, doesn’t mean they need to be part of the decision process, just let them be in the know.

Today you could level an enchanter and when you finally get somewhere BLAM charm nerf out the blue, oh mr casual guess you can rerroll.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:41 AM
Sarnak

If you didn't learn from the pet issues at launch that staff is trying to make mages players life as bad as possible, you probably deserve the hundreds of wasted hours.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:44 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmccorkle66 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Telin: Corrected the level requirements for the Vocarate pets and Clarity II spells.
First it took them 6? 10? months to fix the pet spell level disadvantage for mages ... then they couple it with a nerf.

A+ griefing guys, I'd give some tips on how to ruin the experience further for people playing the class, but I understand there are already several people working on that.
Old 05-08-2021, 04:58 AM
Planar Protector

Have mages been gifted with OP pets for the ere previous to this patch? or is this patch out of line with the era?

Please gather evidence if the current iteration of pet is not correct for this era, and if needed submit findings.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-08-2021, 04:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
58 damage seems reasonable, whats the issue here
If you think having 57-60 pets marginally better than 52-55 ones for a class that relies exclusively on their pet to do anything then yes, it's perfectly reasonnable

if you consider an enchanter's animation will do better than a mage's pet for a player of the about same level with their master's haste, slow, and buffs then it's perfectly reasonable...

If you now consider necro pets which unless I'm mistaken are now the best pets in the game, then it's also reasonable...

Mages are so OP, I would suggest devs nerf our pets down until theyr'e about as good as druids' teddy bears.

Oh, and dont forget to get rid of pet track too please
Old 05-08-2021, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaarsuvius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you think having 57-60 pets marginally better than 52-55 ones for a class that relies exclusively on their pet to do anything then yes, it's perfectly reasonnable

if you consider an enchanter's animation will do better than a mage's pet for a player of the about same level with their master's haste, slow, and buffs then it's perfectly reasonable...

If you now consider necro pets which unless I'm mistaken are now the best pets in the game, then it's also reasonable...

Mages are so OP, I would suggest devs nerf our pets down until theyr'e about as good as druids' teddy bears.

Oh, and dont forget to get rid of pet track too please
You do realise the mage can group with the enchanter to benefit from the same buffs? As the base mage pet is better than the enc, the force multiplier of enchanter buffs is far more effective for the mage.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-08-2021, 05:25 AM
Planar Protector

The new values seem classic to me.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020810...Statistics.htm
Closed Thread