Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But i feel like you are over-hyping here... it takes a very patient glutton for punishment to exclusively solo the way you are describing. At least I personally feel like it would be.
Yea, it's more work for sure than just auto-attacking. You gotta keep moving.

But the exp is very very good (especially once you get 15 and start doing AE tactics). 100 damage for 30 mana is pretty nice.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:01 AM
Sarnak

I would compare the 2 along those lines if you get 1 mob at a time monk better at 2 mobs ranger and monk even more then 2 ranger much better because of range spells, snare, bows, root if 1 mob try to flee.There is also those who swear by iksar monk.In that case wait for kunark.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:49 AM
Sarnak

Not sure if this matters to you, but one thing to keep in mind is that monk weight constraints will mean you cant loot very much. If this is your only char, its going to make it tough to save up for gear. Not that a monk really needs much I guess..
Old 11-25-2019, 02:58 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I know a heroic gnome who can take down giants with a bow...at level 7.
I know that gnome personally! I even helped him get his runed bow in SK with screenshots and fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m a little confused here and getting 2 mixed messages.

Trueshot bow quest is easy. But it’s trivial at 225.
Don’t make arrows, just buy them from vendors. But then how do I get my fletching up? (Also I’m at like 56 and it’s taking forever and starting to get expensive)
What I did is I got fletchimg up to 150 and did the quest myself at lvl12. Once I had trueshot bow I soloed lvl12-23 easily.
Literally you could solo yellow con bandits with 5-6 shoots at lvl12. It was efficient because you didn’t have downtime to med up for mana.

You could just farm the plat yourself and buy the bow.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Hey thanks for the replies! I’ll just keep working on my fletching and go do the quest in a few levels! Thanks!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I did is I got fletchimg up to 150 and did the quest myself at lvl12. Once I had trueshot bow I soloed lvl12-23 easily.
Literally you could solo yellow con bandits with 5-6 shoots at lvl12. It was efficient because you didn’t have downtime to med up for mana.

You could just farm the plat yourself and buy the bow.
Curious how much it cost you to skill up to 150? Did you use any particular guide like Almar's or anything? Thanks!
Old 11-25-2019, 12:45 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey thanks for the replies! I’ll just keep working on my fletching and go do the quest in a few levels! Thanks!
Just make sure that you farm a lot the components in case you have many fails. It took me three tries at fletching skill 150.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflondon75 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Curious how much it cost you to skill up to 150? Did you use any particular guide like Almar's or anything? Thanks!
I just followed wiki for most cost effective way. I made a human ranger so I had rabid pelts and bandit sashes to farm plat. Definitely one of
The easiest tradeskill to lvl up in the game.

Ivory did put a nice guide thread out there on which bows to fletch and use before Trueshot, and which one to get after it.
Old 11-25-2019, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ivory did put a nice guide thread out there on which bows to fletch and use before Trueshot, and which one to get after it.
It doesn't apply much to classic world.

In classic you have some fletched bows (all non-magic) which can do better than the trueshot (150 range vs 100).....BUT they are a 250pp+ and take super high skill to make.

Then the runed oak bow (magic, 125 range) - so is better than the trueshot and has 21 damage instead of trueshots 20 with a little faster attack speed.

BUT the real pickles and potatoes is the raincaller. Magic with 200 range!!! Highest range bow, but a runed oak bow is better DPS (by just a little).

And then some bows for high end raiding in sky later....or when they add the hole.

But otherwise not too much in way of bows.
Closed Thread