Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2019, 02:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaxiglass [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just followed wiki for most cost effective way. I made a human ranger so I had rabid pelts and bandit sashes to farm plat. Definitely one of
The easiest tradeskill to lvl up in the game.

Ivory did put a nice guide thread out there on which bows to fletch and use before Trueshot, and which one to get after it.
That's cool man, thanks. I was just hoping somebody had even the most rough of guesses. Being new I couldn't guess if I'll need 100 plat or 5 you know? lol. Just trying to make a goal here. I'll find out soon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-25-2019, 03:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't apply much to classic world.

In classic you have some fletched bows (all non-magic) which can do better than the trueshot (150 range vs 100).....BUT they are a 250pp+ and take super high skill to make.

Then the runed oak bow (magic, 125 range) - so is better than the trueshot and has 21 damage instead of trueshots 20 with a little faster attack speed.

BUT the real pickles and potatoes is the raincaller. Magic with 200 range!!! Highest range bow, but a runed oak bow is better DPS (by just a little).

And then some bows for high end raiding in sky later....or when they add the hole.

But otherwise not too much in way of bows.

My ranger is 19 and I am using an Ash bow that I crafted myself with my 105 fletching skill. I haven't been in too much of a hurry on fletching because I figured there would be a damage cap like in melee weapons. Does this not apply to bows?

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Rolled a Ranger for fresh server, but not even sure what I should be doing. Only ever played trolls (years ago at that) so good race stuff is unknown to me. Also when should I even start fletching?
Old 11-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Banned

Barb shaman
Old 11-25-2019, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graahle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rolled a Ranger for fresh server, but not even sure what I should be doing. Only ever played trolls (years ago at that) so good race stuff is unknown to me. Also when should I even start fletching?
I try a half-elf ranger karana deity that start at surefall glade.Start killing decaying skeleton in north qeynos.Pickup the quest that give you a 6 slot box to fill with bone chips.Give faction with most qeynos faction. Did turn-in like 6 times. That will cancel most of the class penalty. By level 2 was able to buy fletching kit, make a small bow and 30 arrows. Did that til I ding level 3 then move to higher mobs.So far so good oh and u can do nestiff statue quest also.Thats where I am atm.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock2020 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I try a half-elf ranger karana deity that start at surefall glade.Start killing decaying skeleton in north qeynos.Pickup the quest that give you a 6 slot box to fill with bone chips.Give faction with most qeynos faction. Did turn-in like 6 times. That will cancel most of the class penalty. By level 2 was able to buy fletching kit, make a small bow and 30 arrows. Did that til I ding level 3 then move to higher mobs.So far so good oh and u can do nestiff statue quest also.Thats where I am atm.
Thanks for the little tips!
Old 11-26-2019, 03:22 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey thanks for the replies! I’ll just keep working on my fletching and go do the quest in a few levels! Thanks!

Just to add in some costs(RNG...mine was likely bad) I went about and got myself 15 attempts worth of goods and then started in on fletching following the guides. I started at 340 plat and ended up with 30 left and 132 skill. So, not really that cheap honestly. Will likely take me another 100-150 to finish the last 18 points. Because I had spent a lot of time already and wanted to see something out of it today I made the mistake of praying to the tree gods with my 132 skill and failed all 15 attempts of making the bow.

Go into it with at least 400 plat I'd say to account for bad RNG on level up and do not try to make it sub 150(why 150? is that a break point of some sort?)
Old 11-26-2019, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

FWIW, I leveled fletching on blue from levels 35-40 while killing that solo HG on the hill in EK (6min respawn).
Fletch while medding. Rinse, repeat. HG coin funded it, and all the parts were available inzone.

If you can hold out until then, that's a perfect time to level it.
Old 11-27-2019, 06:42 PM
Orc

Just finished my Trueshot bow. Hunted up another 300 plat turning in sashes and went to town. Ended up costing me 200 plat ish for the last 18 points, 500 plat total. I had another 12 attempts ready, took 4 to make the bow at 150 skill.

It seems to only do 22 damage an arrow though, not sure how somebody can kill a yellow with only 5-6 arrows doing 22 a pop max lol. Still a nice bow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-27-2019, 06:56 PM
Kobold

I’m currently at 141. Every 40 combines starting at 135 costs 54pp but I sell back the arrows for 35-40pp. (122-135 was 46pp selling back for 30pp) How’d it cost you so much? I get 2-5 skill ups every 40 combines with a terrible dex and wis

Edit: waiting for 150 skill to go get 10 attempts in. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Fireblade7; 11-27-2019 at 06:59 PM..
Closed Thread